jonot's ride of doom. and associated words.

jonot

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, here's my bighit.

Feel's awesome to ride, a huge upgrade over my old Stinky. In my mind anyway. Udi can confirm the smile that was firmly planted on my dial after we went out for runs at the local today.

The forks feel amazing, as does the shock. The brakes are awesome and allow me to brake less, and later. Can't wait to get her out to a proper track to give her room to open right up.

Thanks to Jack for selling, Udi for putting up with my constant nagging and pestering. again... and Sam, for buying my old bike. And the Academy, just because.

Enjoy Guys, I know I am.

Specs

Frame: 2003 BigHit DH model
Shock: 2006 Manitou 6-way swinger
Fork: 2003 Manitou Dorado
Head Set: FSA Unsealed.
Stem: Integrated MRD adjustable Stem.
Handlebar: Azonic World Force black.
Brakes: Shimano XT 4Pots
Shifter: 2006 SRAM X9.
Derailleur: 2006 SRAM X9.
Cranks: Truvativ hussefelt.
Chain ring: 104/38T Blackspire.
Chain guide: MRP System 3, with Black outer MRP plate
Bottom Bracket: Raceface
Pedals: BILT Sealed
Hubs (F/R): Front: - Specialized
Rear: - DT Swiss Onyx
Cassette: 2005 Sram PG-970
Chain: Sram PC-951
Rims: Front: - Mavic 321
Rear - Double Track
Tires (RR/FR): Brand New Super Tacky Minion Front 26” Front/Rear Slow Reezay High Roller 24”
Saddle: Specialized Super Saddle
Grips: Odi Lock on Ruffian MX

Last edited:

FatYZ0

Likes Dirt
Hey Dude That look sweeet as and the Manitou Dorados Really to it off nicely.
Enjoy all the ridding it will give you as it should be sweeeet

Rhys_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice bike jono, looks good and light as well, unlike that stinky.

Tell me how its different in terms of geo and rear suspension performance, I"m interested to know how it compares to the stinky in this way. I know its kinda hard to distinguish how the frame's different when you have all those new better parts, but it'd be good if you'd try for me :)

Davf

Likes Dirt
Nice ride you've got there. Im sure udi has mentioned something about that rear rim, but if you came across a lighter 24" it would make it handle and pedal soo much better. Otherwise very nice, enjoy it.

jonot

Likes Dirt
Nice ride you've got there. Im sure udi has mentioned something about that rear rim, but if you came across a lighter 24" it would make it handle and pedal soo much better. Otherwise very nice, enjoy it.
Yep yep. We had a talk about that the other day. I think I'll either.

A. Ride this till it dies
B. Source a lighter rim.

How would something like an MTX go?

And Rhys, I'll get back to you after I have a bit more of a ride. It feels much lighter and accelerates/turns/does everything better than my old stinky.

So. Happy. :D

Davf

Likes Dirt
Riding basically a 24" mag30 till it dies is abit of a task, but you never know if the join will go or not. You are probably better off trying to sell it off and put the money into a mtx. With a quality build, i don't really think theres a better option out there weight vs strength.

DIRTSURFER666

Likes Dirt
WOW that bighit is sick specialized pride yo! i got MTX on back my bighit they go a treat just make sure you get it offset 6mm to the left doh!

urbanrider

Banned
Thanks to Jack for selling, Udi for putting up with my constant nagging and pestering. again... and Sam, for buying my old bike. And the Academy, just because.

what about the sales man??:p

nice bike, real nice of jack to throw in all that free shit.

Dyl_stp

Likes Bikes
thats a decent bike man. sure thats 03 it looks way more modern looks sweet. bet it rides smooth as.
good work mate