JetBlack 12 Hours WSMTB Race - Registration now open

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
M :rolleyes:artin,
You should consider some sort of jersey of something of the like for people who complete both (especially solo).
Bit like the centurian jersey for the 2xdirtworks events.:rolleyes:
Already on it - considering several options. However it's "only" 12+4.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Already on it - considering several options. However it's "only" 12+4.
Open up the 8 hour option for that round of the GP series and then you have 12+8... do it... you know you want to! (hmmm either discounts or t shirts for those people sadistic enough to do both... pretty please;))

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
I'm tired of being beaten by people 15 years younger than me.
I mean, really, they should be out at the pubs and clubs at their age and not getting home until 3am off their face,
well it worked for me at that age anyway.
I thought that hitting the roaring forties would mean better results but now I just get beaten by blokes the same age as me and older.

If you don't stop riding after the 12 hour finishes, but keep lapping, does that mean you can still ride the 4 hour but avoid the entry fee???
So just do the 12+4 in one hit and have a big sleep in on the Sunday...........sounds interesting!

drew.d

Likes Bikes
First 12 hour

I've done a couple of 100km races... is it worth diving in for my first solo 12 hour? Or should I look at pairs?

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Why not. Personally my experience is that pairs racing is harder than solo and the Yellowmundee track is varied enough to keep you interested

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
I've done a couple of 100km races... is it worth diving in for my first solo 12 hour? Or should I look at pairs?
Whats the worst thing that can happen if ya do???
And I agree pairs is worse than solo I reckon.

Also Trailburner are entries filling up, do i need to get my entry in quick or can I wait a few weeks???Short on funds atm.

Last edited:

trailburner

WIN a FREE entry into the hardest MTB adventure race in Australia... possibly the wor

WIN a FREE entry into the hardest MTB adventure race in Australia... possibly the world!
Australian Crocodile Trophy 2010
19-28 October, North Queensland

As official race partner of the Australian Crocodile Trophy 2010, Rocky Trail Entertainment is giving away one free individual entry valued at $2,600!

Are you up for it?
Start in Cairns and ride 10 days/stages adding up to 1,200km in the Aussie Outback
Cover more than 12,000m of elevation
Arrive at the beach at Cape Tribulation

Here's how!
Qualifying event:
Register for Round 1 of the Rocky Trail MTB Grand Prix at Awaba MTB Park, which will be a qualifying event – register to ride the GP8 Solo on 3 July 2010.
Tell us that you want to ride:
Send an email to cycle@rockytrailentertainment.com to inform us of your interest and why you want to ride the Crocodile Trophy 2010.
How to become eligible for the free entry:
At the Awaba MTB GP, you need to achieve a result of 75% of the winner of your Solo category to be eligible to win the FREE entry.
Get people to vote for you for a time bonus:
Rocky Trail will set up a voting portal for the MTB community to cast their votes – each vote will get you 1 second of a time bonus at the deciding race, the JetBlack 12 Hours WSMTB race on 7 August. Voting will be open between 5 July and 5 August 2010.
Use your time bonus and get the chance to win:
The winner will be determined at our JetBlack 12 Hours WSMTB race – the ticket finalist with most laps overall in the shortest amount of time (in consideration of possible time bonus points achieved during the voting process), wins the ticket.

Rocky Trail will go on tour with the Australian Crocodile Trophy 2010 again this year and can assist you with simple support crew tasks throughout your race. For more information, simply call Martin or send us an email!

Conditions of entry:
You must be 18 years or older to be eligible for the free entry. The free entry allows you to ride at the Australian Crocodile Trophy 2010, which starts at Cairns (QLD) on 19 October 2010 and finish at Cape Tribulation on 28 October 2010. By entering into this competition you must agree to cover all additional costs and arrangements, including (but not limited to) flights, accommodation, insurance, food, equipment and support crew yourself.

trailburner

Update

We had a meeting with NPWS yesterday and the new rider cap for the race is now 500. It also might be one of the last big races out in Yellomundee so sign up soon if you want to race on this iconic track one more time.

schacksta

Western Sydney MTB Club
We had a meeting with NPWS yesterday and the new rider cap for the race is now 500. It also might be one of the last big races out in Yellomundee so sign up soon if you want to race on this iconic track one more time.
Folks please don't become alarmed at Martin's last post.

We (WSMTB and various promoters like RTE and CF) are working through a number of issues with NPWS that relate directly to the use of Yellomundee Regional Park. While these issues may entail compromise on the part of all parties (such as reduced rider numbers for larger events), they certainly don't spell the end of racing at YRP in the short term.

cheers,

Schacksta
www.wsmtb.com

Kris_on_1

Likes Dirt
Camping

Not that I'm eagerly looking forward to camping out in the Blue Mountains in the middle of winter - for those doing the 12+4, is it permissible to do so at Yellowmundee?

trailburner

Not that I'm eagerly looking forward to camping out in the Blue Mountains in the middle of winter - for those doing the 12+4, is it permissible to do so at Yellowmundee?
yes no problem at all - there is a small fee to be paid to NPWS (I think $ 5 or 10 per person).