Jamis, Chumba or Goose

Which one

• Total voters

spanky

Likes Bikes
Not sure about the spec levels of your choices there, but in terms of frame quality the chumba is in higher class than your other two choices...

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i like out of the three choices the jamis is bothhe most expensive and the shitist
Moron. The quality of the build kit of the Jamis is so far superior to that of the Chumba it's a joke.

If you want good spec, get the Jamis.

If you want a 'boutique' *brand, but with shite parts, get the Chumba.

*Boutique is definitely not always a better option, especially outside of the origin country, where customer service and warranty gets a bit patchy.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
there is no competition. the chumba F4 was known and reviewed as the best DH bike ever produiced, the F5 is just a refined and lightened version

CHUMBA for sure

metalhead39

Likes Bikes
i going with the mongoose Boot'r because mongoose have really lifed their game in terms of downhill bikes, the new bike is a lot better than what previous models (the ECD) were in terms of strenght, build quality and parts as well as a price that will compete with giant for bang for buck

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My vote is for the Chumba. There a race proven frame. And a lot higher quality than the other 2 you mentioned.
If it was me looking at the options i wouldn't even look at the others.

Bang for your buck would go to the mongoose.. they usually have a good spec for the price.

Last edited:

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
go the jamis, im riding one and have since i have started riding dh/freeride they hold up to anything that for sure

dhd

Downhill Direct
I vote Chumba.
This is how I see it:
In two years time you'll struggle to sell the Mongoose to get a new bike because the Goose looks "old".
In two years time you'll be thinking of giving the Chumba a freshen up with some new parts.

dw4dh

Likes Dirt
I ride an ECD which is similar to the boot'r and its an awesome ride my vote is the Goose great bike for peadling and sweet as on the jumps also can handle any rock garden you throw at it.