IXS knee pads

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anybody rocking the ixs Flow knee pads and have any thoughts on them regarding comfort, durability and sizing?
I'm currently some 7IDP Sam Hill pads which have honestly been a bit of a let down and so am looking for something new.
I crash spectacularly, but genrally don't ride anything to insane, so I'm assuming I could get away with the Flow rather than the Carve

David2406

Blueeeeeeeey's on!
I've been using them for about 4 years and have no complaints, they are comfortable enough to wear, I went with the large size. If I remember correctly I was on the upper limit for that size but they are ok, I think they might have stretched a little but anyway

CHEWY

Eats Squid
I've had some for about 3 years. They are totally comfortable, no issues riding for hours in them.
They can and do move during a stack, from memory they have given me a sort of carpet burn before. For the most part they protect ok for how comfortable they are.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I love mine. Lasted several years, then I bought another brand (Scott) which weren’t as stable or comfortable, bought another set of IXS Flows.

I ride a few ks on the road to and from trails usually and have no qualms with them for pedalling.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Don't wear them often - but when I do I forget they are on. I have XL's and they started off fairly tight but loosened up as stated above. I have a fairly chunky set of legs and they sized to what I measured but if I was on the cusp id' size down.

teK--

Eats Squid
I had the carve which are a slightly more heavy duty version and with twin straps. They are super comfy.

As mentioned above eventually they stretch a bit over time and you have to crank the straps down to keep from slipping.

Have been comfy enough to wear all day or even on a 3 day bike packing trip.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got 'em for my first set of knee and elbow protection a couple of years ago, and after about 2 minutes of riding I forget they're on. Have had a few low speed tumbles, and a fast one. No carpet burn, very effective against impact, no bruising or soreness. My knee pads do show signs of wear and tear, lost a bit of elasticity but stayed put nicely while the elbow pads would creep down a bit. Replaced the elbow pads with the Carve version (extra strap) and got some new Flow knee pads but the old ones are still good enough to keep for a backup/loaner set.
I wash them after most rides as I tend to be a fair weather rider and usually sweat a fair bit. Use the delicate cycle and bugger all detergent, air dry out of direct sunlight.
If there are better pads out there I'd love to try them, they are worth the $$ when you can laugh off most crashes and not have bark off your elbows or knees which I had many times in my first MTB phase back in the era of 26" rigid bikes.