iRideApollobay

Likes Dirt
Shuttle days update

Future Shuttle days:
Sunday 24th March - Filling
Easter Saturday 30th March
Easter Sunday 31st March
(Easter Monday booked out)
Bookings essential (Shuttle days depend on weather conditions and adequate numbers)
Text 0419007586
Cheers, Mike
P.s. We've had some rain! The dust has settled

Last edited:

iRideApollobay

Likes Dirt
Shuttle days update

SUNDAY 21st April
SUNDAY 28th April
(Weather permitting)
Shuttles 10am - 5pm $50
Text 0419007586
*Bookings essential
Downhill bike hire available $50 (Inc. Full face helmet)
Private Shuttle days available (Min. 10 riders)
Cheers, Mike

Last edited:

Jeff_s

Squid
Awesome trails

Thanks Mike for the Easter runs. The work and changes on the trails add a lot of fun, and that northshore is epic. I hope I can free up from a commitment next ride weekend. A note to everyone else: Get to Apollo Bay. Lots of fun. It's also the perfect place to bring downhill newbies, with some of the trails being appropriate, especially as Mike has some forgiving DH bikes available.
Thanks again Mike,
Jeff

iRideApollobay

Likes Dirt
Shuttle day update:

SUN. 21st April - FULL
SAT. 27th April - FULL
SUN. 28th April - Filling
(Weather permitting)
Text 0419007586
*Bookings essential
Cheers, Mike

iRideApollobay

Likes Dirt
Shuttle days update:

Sun. 5th MAY
(Weather permitting)
Shuttles 10am - 5pm $50
Downhill Bike hire available (Inc. helmet) $50
Text 0419007586 (Bookings essential)
This could be the last one?
Cheers, Mike

Last edited:

iRideApollobay

Likes Dirt
Shuttle day update:

Sat. 11th MAY
Sun. 12th MAY
Shuttles 10am - 5pm $50
(Weather permitting)
Text Names to 0419007586
*Bookings essential
Downhill Bike Hire $50 (Inc. Helmet)
Cheers, Mike

skelly

Squid
Just a quick one: Do you need a full DH rig (8") and to wear a full face at the iRide park? Im on a Scott SPARK dualie (5"/5") but looking at the picks it seems pretty burley there so dunno if she would survive the thrashing?

Cheers

S

Faeros

Likes Bikes
Just a quick one: Do you need a full DH rig (8") and to wear a full face at the iRide park? Im on a Scott SPARK dualie (5"/5") but looking at the picks it seems pretty burley there so dunno if she would survive the thrashing?

Cheers

S
There is only a single track that would benefit from a full DH rig which is fern gully and even then probably not so much. I take my 160/150 AM bike and easily keep up with the DH boys. Total overkill for out there and yes, I also have a DH rig and it definately is not needed.

I guess what it would come down to is how confident you are on the angle of your bike. Some of the tracks are decently steep and I believe my AM is 66.5 from memory and it sits fine for me anyway.

In the end each to their own but if take the Scott for example out of 20 riders, 18 will have DH rigs.

orco

Likes Bikes
There is only a single track that would benefit from a full DH rig which is fern gully and even then probably not so much. I take my 160/150 AM bike and easily keep up with the DH boys. Total overkill for out there and yes, I also have a DH rig and it definately is not needed.

I guess what it would come down to is how confident you are on the angle of your bike. Some of the tracks are decently steep and I believe my AM is 66.5 from memory and it sits fine for me anyway.

In the end each to their own but if take the Scott for example out of 20 riders, 18 will have DH rigs.
I agree. I seem to have more fun riding my AM bike on all the tracks there except the Downhill track which is more fun on a DH bike.

skelly

Squid
I think its a 69 deg so it's a fair bit steeper but screw it I'll bring her anyway.
I have thrown her down Buller a few times (ABOMB, Copperhead, Delatitie) and around the youies (Cressys, Travs etc) most weekends and it seems to survive fine .
See you all on Saturday.

S

iRideApollobay

Likes Dirt
iRide update...

Sat. 18th MAY
Sat. 25th MAY
Sun. 26th MAY
(Weather permitting)
Shuttles 10am - 5pm $50
Text name to 0419007586
Downhill Bike hire available (Helmet inc.) $50