iPhone/iPod touch compatibility

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Scott/Ryan and other site designers. I was wondering if you guys would be able to take the time to check this site out : Tapatalk

Basically what it is an iPhone/iPod touch app that allows you to view,read,post,pm etc on any forum that is powered by Vbulletin or PHPBB. As this site is now running the latest version of Vbulletin(What a great Xmas Pressie) would you be able to visit this site here Tapatalk Plugin and download and install the tapatalk plugin?

Also do you guys have any plans of construcing an mobile device formatted homepage that would enable make using the site easier on a 3'' screen.

Thanks in advance. Oh and yes i know you guys are extremely busy but if you could take the time to do so it would be greatly appricated.

wootown

Likes Dirt
Yes this would be awesome.
Let me know if it gets up and running so I can donload this for my iPod touch I reckon it would be awesome
cheers

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
I've checked it out, they dont yet have the code for the 4.0.0 version of vBulletin, but I don't think it'll be far away. I'll give it a go when thats available.

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bump.

Vbulletin 4 is now supported. Please install away Scott. I am also making a rotorburn news web app for iphone as an experiment.

Cheers, Kyran

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bump.

Vbulletin 4 is now supported. Please install away Scott. I am also making a rotorburn news web app for iphone as an experiment.

Cheers, Kyran
Sounds great. I'll be a tester if you like.
On another note, the forums have suddenly turned to poo when accessing from my iPhone.
It functions properly, but CSSes seem shagged.
Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Well fuck me. While posting that, it returned to normal. What are the chances? Anyone been fiddling at the admin end?

Last edited:

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Installed it now and is working fine. For anybody who doesn't want to spend $4 on an app just do it! $4 is as much as an ice cream or a coffee for you adults.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

thatguy

Likes Dirt
Tapatalk is soo good
I was late night rotoring last night and to my delight my ipod told me that rotorburn is now iphone native!!!

thanks Scott ;)

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are people intentionally writing "Sent from my ----- using Tapatalk" or is it a program signature?

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's an automatic sig that can be backspaces when needed.

The next update will have an option to switch it off

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just updated tapatalk and disabled the sig. Here is how.

Settings app
Taptalk
Signature
Flick the off switch. Voilà.

Massive thanks once again Scott!