Intradrive

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
The belt drive would be great. The down side is that this will force bike companies to adopt some pretty ugly bike frame designs like the Orange bike here.
Well supposedly, anything that fits the Shimano EP8 should fit this motor so you should be able to fit it to something like this....
1701732034723.png

Stredda

For belt drive you need to have a section where the rear chain stay can come apart so would be tricky on that bike.
In most cases where the rear triangle comes apart at a pivot, you could run a belt drive. If not, you can still run a single speed chain and sprockets.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The belt tensioner needs clearance where the chain stay is on the Norco and the narrow belt would have to go under the chain stay so it would be limited to frames with a single or high swingarm design.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The belt tensioner needs clearance where the chain stay is on the Norco and the narrow belt would have to go under the chain stay so it would be limited to frames with a single or high swingarm design.
Or running a chain and derailleur-style tensioner.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yes, like this one with the Pinion MGU
Yeah fine with that design with the larger front sprocket but not the Intradrive setup with the tiny sprocket integrated into the motor. Look how low the swingarm would have to be to clear the top belt.

Veer-Belt-Tensioner-Eurobike-2023.jpeg

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That little rear chainstay pivot no good for that purpose?
Yes could be done there. As I said it is a bit tricky as some times you need to take apart both sides of the pivot. With a belt you would need to take the belt off less then a chain.

Stredda

Yeah fine with that design with the larger front sprocket but not the Intradrive setup with the tiny sprocket integrated into the motor. Look how low the swingarm would have to be to clear the top belt.

View attachment 405007
Yes, it might be an issue for some frames. Reading the Pinkbike article, at this stage they are only selling to frame manufacturers and not to the public.

The difficult part would be getting the electronics to play together. Doesn't mention that on their website.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I just can't get on with the look of the little derailleur style tensioner.

Much cleaner:
1701749289553.png

I reckon Zerode will come up with a decent looking MGU E-bike at some point.

Stredda

I just can't get on with the look of the little derailleur style tensioner.

Much cleaner:
View attachment 405008

I reckon Zerode will come up with a decent looking MGU E-bike at some point.
Yes, I reckon it's on the cards at some point. Only issue being a small manufacturer is the development time and cost, but an updated geo, MGU E-Kapito would be pretty awesome!

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Not for at least another 18 months.

Rumour has it the companies that kicked it off have exclusivity for about the first 12 months.
Yeah fair enough.

I'm staying meat-powered for the foreseeable future anyway, but if I do give it a go the lack of a fragile drivetrain is pretty appealing.