Interesting what Yamaha is doing

andrew9

Likes Dirt
Using the idler in a high pivot bike for the motor isn't that bad of an idea, I guess.
I'm not sure about using an 8 tooth sprocket, I'm also not sure about everything else on that bike

Attachments

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Using the idler in a high pivot bike for the motor isn't that bad of an idea, I guess.
I'm not sure about using an 8 tooth sprocket, I'm also not sure about everything else on that bike
if its only an idler, I can't see why it would make a difference?..quite a lot of things going on behind it to be just an idler!

andrew9

Likes Dirt
The motor has replaced the idler.
There would normally be a sprocket there on a high pivot bike to manage the pedalling forces, the motor is now using that sprocket to power the bike.

It has some merit, if they don't integrate the bottom bracket like most mainstream ebikes, it would simplify things and should be cheaper.
It could possibly be easier to service, and more durable with only one seal. That seal is higher too, so not going to get splashed as much

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Not too different to the Rocky mountain drive system, they still have an idler but an extra mini chainring between it and the chainring.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Current Yamaha have a run on effect on their Syncdrive motors, that little idler would have some torque on it if its driving, wouldn't like to get a finger in there.

All current pedelec bikes have a free spinning chainring on the drive.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
if its only an idler, I can't see why it would make a difference?..quite a lot of things going on behind it to be just an idler!

So many idlers attached to suspension platforms that probably don't need them. This looks like one of them.

I like the colour.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
But WTF is this abomination...drop bar E MTB gravel commuter???
There's ugly and then there is this
If you look at details rather than the entire bike then it's actually not bad.

No chainslap, no internal headset routing, dynamos, bikepacking racks, nicely placed lights, multi position hand support. The fork and colours are a bit shit but I reckon this would be a whole lot better with a nicer fork and better colours.

danncam

Likes Dirt
If you look at details rather than the entire bike then it's actually not bad.

No chainslap, no internal headset routing, dynamos, bikepacking racks, nicely placed lights, multi position hand support. The fork and colours are a bit shit but I reckon this would be a whole lot better with a nicer fork and better colours.
AND two wheel drive that is so completely unnecessary

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
OMG you’re right.

They listened to the internet bike forums… but ALL of them!