Intense Tracer 275

MB

Intense Australia
Hi All,

I thought I'd post up a few pics of the new rig, this bike is a build over of components from my Carbine which I sold recently. Some may ask as to why I would go from carbon to alloy - some might even call it a backwards step - but I can assure you it isn't a backward step at all. Hand made in the States like every other Intense alloy frame, right down to the washers underneath the links. But enough of that stuff, I'll let the bike do the talking. Pretty happy with it so far...

Spec:

Intense Tracer 275, Medium, Works Raw w/ gold links (bling kit)
CCDB Air
Pike 150 solo air
King I3 headset
X0 Trail brakes 180/160
X0 10 speed
XX1 cranks 32t
ENVE DH bar
ENVE AM 275 rims on Hope pro2's laced with DT aerolites
Mavic Crossmax Charge 2.4/Roam XL 2.2 tyres
Straitline AMP pedals w/proto dh axles

Not sure on the weight, but it's approximately 1kg heavier than the Carbine with an identical build. This build (tyres & tubes) adds another 1kg so its around 14 I'm thinking..

Attachments

DirtyDingo

Banned
Very nice bike mate with almost all my favourite parts on it.
Did it came with the ccdb air or did you ordered it separately?

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
RAW!!!!

Been thinking about upgrading my Carbine to something like this for Enduro racing next year. In my head I can smash Alloy that little bit harder, even if it is just in my head.

Aussie_Ryder

Likes Dirt
Absolute perfection! This silver and gold weapon might just be the best looking bike I have ever seen.. well done!

brb going to change my jocks.

MB

Intense Australia
Thanks for the compliments all, I'm really stoked on this build. It's one of my better ones, even down to the cable routing I'm very happy with the way it came up. And yes it looks a lot better in the flesh than it does in the pics!

Answers to the questions:

CCDB- yes it came on the bike, I spec my bikes with this shock because its the bomb. We don't really bring them in on trail bikes for customers with the shock as standard as the cost blows out really badly if we do it this way (+$600), instead we feel its better for the customer to buy one aftermarket from NS Dynamics and sell the fox, it will be less painful that way.

Tyres- they are mint. I was over at Eurobike and saw them there and had to have them. The Australian distributor Groupe Sportif will have them for sale locally very soon. They work beautifully but are quite heavy. The front is 1kg and the rear is 900 grams, great for light DH and AM race duties. They roll very well for their weight and the compounds are ace - front is 49a and rear is combined 50(side) and 60 (centre). Not cheap but excellent nonetheless.

@ Big JD - thanks buddy, you tought me everything I know!

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
That bike makes me feel all funny in my pants. Just curious, how is the raw protected from the elements/wear n tear?

MB

Intense Australia
That bike makes me feel all funny in my pants. Just curious, how is the raw protected from the elements/wear n tear?
The raw is just that - completely raw. It polishes up after a few rides and washes. It can also be brought up to mirror finish with Autosol metal polish.

For those that are curious the tyres are sick. Very happy with them although they are on the porky side. Great for their intended purpose though.