DH Intense Socom. <3

jon55sey

Likes Dirt
So I finally saved up enough dosh to get a new frame. Thanks to Lorno on here for the awesome buy and easy customer service, makes shit so easy when people are easy to deal with! Hangin out now for the Cane Creek Angle Set to drop so I can give it a racier head angle and better overall feel for racing. I'm yet to ride it on a DH track but on the road it respondes so much better to pedalling compared to the Norco. Can't wait to shred it this arve and get it dialed in!

Frame - Medium Intense Socom. Satin Black.
Rear shock - Vivid 5.1. 300lb Spring.
Fork - Boxxer Race.
Handlebars - Raceface Atlas - 780mm
Stem - Sunline DM
Headset - Sunline
Grips - Odi Ruffian
Saddle - Not sure. Buts its Cool.
Seatpost - Truvativ.
Front brake - Avid Juicy 3
Rear brake - Avid Juicy 3
Cranks - Shimano Saint 175mm
Chainguide - Box Guide
Chain - SRAM
Pedals - Straightline/Shimano Clipless come race time.
Rear derailleur - SRAM X-9
Rear shifter - Cheapo Sram 9speed.
Front hub - DT 440
Rear hub - DT 440 (Pictures show a Stocko Norco one)
Front rim - ZTR Flow Tubeless
Rear rim - ZTR Flow Tubeless (Pictures show an Alex Rim of some kind)
Spokes - Not sure but they're them good ones.
Nipples - Black ones
Tyres - MAXXIS Minnion 2.5 UST
Tubes - Nil.
Total weight - 38.66lb or 17.59kg with many room for improvement.

rsquared

Likes Dirt
Looks sweet jonssey. Post up a ride review after you try it out properly. Only thing man, I wouldn't go tubless minions ever for DH. I started out with them on my Scythe but was getting rocks puncturing the tyre so I was having to use tubes with the tyres as they wouldn't seal and then I was getting pinch flats all the time. Worked out it's because tubeless minion sidewalls are way softer then normal minions. If you wanna run tubeless, do it ghetto styles with proper minion tyres.

jon55sey

Likes Dirt
You're a hack though Dale haha. I've been running the tubeless for a while and never had any dramas. See what happens.

Cut some runs yesterday and today at Goldie. First things I noticed was how it pedaled so good, and how much more speed it would hold. Steep head anlge is noticeable but not too much, will be good to get it slackened out though to make it more racey. Still gettin a feel for the susspension, feels stiffer then the Norco. Not sure if the shocks not set up right or the springs to big or what. I got the compression wound right off too. Travel feels endless though, it never feels like bottoming my pedals out when pedalling. Just gotta keep playing around with it I guess, maybe try a softer spring. See what happens. :cool:

rsquared

Likes Dirt
You're a hack though Dale haha. I've been running the tubeless for a while and never had any dramas. See what happens.
Oohhh SNAP!! haha. Well seeing as you have been running them for a while now with no troubles I guess I will have to take that... haha. Maybe I never had them set up properly or something but since I got 3 flats in 3 runs during crankworx last year with brand new tubeless tyres I gave them away and haven't had one single flat since. Might give them another crack one day...

dhlouie101

Likes Dirt
hay man looks nice how old is the frame cause i have never heard or seen one before? and how do those tubless's run? :p