Intense M16

heavyp

You heard it here first
Shit, the gun toting rednecks have invaded Brittain already?
haha come on give me a break the M16 is so iconic i have known about it from being a little kid with movies like Cobra, Rambo, Predator and so on who doesn't know what the M16 is ?, pretty sure most kids who grew up in the 80's would have had (edit: a plastic/fake) one ?

Last edited:

scblack

Leucocholic
haha come on give me a break the M16 is so iconic i have known about it from being a little kid with movies like Cobra, Rambo, Predator and so on who doesn't know what the M16, pretty sure most kids who grew up in the 80's would have had one ?
Haha well said. When I was 12 or so I had a toy M16. Yes that was the 80's.

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
I think that's the problem... I associate that name with plastic toys and B grade movies. I grew up watching those movies and playing with those toys.

This is a premium product for a newer generation of person.

I think that red in the professional promo shot looks fantastic. I agree with others who have said they are sick of the bland Trek look. Interesting looking bikes are part of the sales appeal. Retail/Sales Research companies Call it "Shelf Appeal"

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
haha come on give me a break the M16 is so iconic i have known about it from being a little kid with movies like Cobra, Rambo, Predator and so on who doesn't know what the M16 is ?, pretty sure most kids who grew up in the 80's would have had (edit: a plastic/fake) one ?
Just because I grew up with something, doesn't mean an uncontrollable sense of nostalgia is attached to it, and therefore naming anything after is a good idea. Its balls.

But whatever, I suppose Intense' biggest market is the U.S, and they all have that uncontrollable sense of nationalism attached to machine guns so I guess it will stick.

All that said, I ride an M6 and I freaking love it.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Just because I grew up with something, doesn't mean an uncontrollable sense of nostalgia is attached to it, and therefore naming anything after is a good idea. Its balls.

But whatever, I suppose Intense' biggest market is the U.S, and they all have that uncontrollable sense of nationalism attached to machine guns so I guess it will stick.

All that said, I ride an M6 and I freaking love it.
I was just saying it for the sake of it but really (M One Six) it doesn't only sounds terrible but would look terrible too, imaging all those decals trying to fit in amongst all those welds.

Anyways moving along the bike should be announced soon and then we can look out for posts on the bike breaking or cracking in some way or another in that true intense tradition (It doesn't mean I don't like them I personally think they should remake the M1 with modern geo) PS: M16's were also well known for jamming.

NoFilter

Likes Dirt
I was just saying it for the sake of it but really (M One Six) it doesn't only sounds terrible but would look terrible too, imaging all those decals trying to fit in amongst all those welds.

Anyways moving along the bike should be announced soon and then we can look out for posts on the bike breaking or cracking in some way or another in that true intense tradition (It doesn't mean I don't like them I personally think they should remake the M1 with modern geo) PS: M16's were also well known for jamming.
You seem particularly jaded about intense bikes, even though you say you like them. Did you have a bad customer service issue with them over a broken bike? I am thinking about getting one of these when they are released, I have a 4 year old M9 that has been great and this seems like a nice evolution of the bike.

heavyp

You heard it here first
You seem particularly jaded about intense bikes, even though you say you like them. Did you have a bad customer service issue with them over a broken bike? I am thinking about getting one of these when they are released, I have a 4 year old M9 that has been great and this seems like a nice evolution of the bike.
No just always wanted an M1 but there as rare as hens teeth and have been for ages as all the rears cracked or broke, and the M3 and pretty sure I've seen more cracked and brocken 951's on the front triangle than Kona's and thats saying something.

Its an iconic brand and what they have done for the sport of DH is amazing but when buying a bike it should be function over fashion not the other way around.

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
Hmm why's it running g3 rotors and not centrelines?

Thought my Operator was weird having g3s but must be a decent reason?

MB

Intense Australia
Yep, its official.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

8.5 - 9.5" travel
Two shock progression settings
14" bbh
17.5" stays
63.5 h/a

Pricing TBA

Made in California, shipping late April, available locally in May. More progressive than an M9, not as progressive as 951 EVO. Slightly lighter than an M9 too, Claire's bike was 17.1kg out of the box with the pictured build kit (her own Chromag bars & stem), with pedals and a standard steel coil fitted - large size.

Edit: The bikes do not come with the Maxxis Prototype tyres..

Attachments

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It's known that I refer to Intense frames as Frankenstein-esque but that M16 is bloody nice.