In search of a Remedy.

snowy92

Likes Dirt
After purchasing my 08 model Norco Sasquatch brand new late in 2007, on which I learned the fundamentals of mountain biking, I realised that it was in fact time to find myself a 'proper' (for want of a better word) mountain bike on which I could progress my riding abilites, oh, and to thrash down the trails, of course. :)

With the trails in and around Mt. Coot-tha and Gap Creek, in Queensland's south-east, only a few pedal strokes from my house, I wanted a bike that would be well suited to the terrain, with the handling characteristics and chuck-ability of my old hardtail, but with a small amount of rear travel to take the edge off the big hits, rocks and roots, and with substantially better climbing abilities.

This then, a 09 model Trek Remedy 7, has turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. Lightweight and responsive, it is easy to pick up, pump and air, almost like a hardtail. It climbs extremely well (limited only by my laziness), and it absolutely flies on the decents. What has also impressed me, aside from the performance, is the way the whole bike has been finished, from the frame design (check out the asymmetrical chainstays), to the componentry and even the choice of colour scheme and graphics; attention to detail, I absolutely adore it. :)

A huge thanks must go to Geoff (a.k.a. sentit) for such an easy sale process. Cheers mate.

Alright enough from me, on to the bike:

Frame: 2009 Trek Remedy 7 (Large/19.5'), with Trek's ABP, Full Floater, EVO link and E2 head tube
Rear shock: Fox RP2 XV Air Can, with Pro Pedal and adjustable rebound
Front shock/fork: RockShox Lyrik IS U-Turn with E2 steerer, 20mm Maxle and 115-160mm adjustable travel
Handlebars: Burgtec RideWide (750mm)
Stem: Thomson Elite X4 50mm
Headset: Cane Creek SE Light Edition
Grips: ODI Ruffians
Saddle: Bontrager Rhythm Basic
Seatpost: Bontrager Race Lite
Brakes: Avid Juicy 5; 203mm rotor (front), 185mm (rear)
Cranks: Shimano SLX
Chainguide: Widget 30T single chain-ring with integrated guide
Chain: Shimano XT
Pedals: Sinz
Front derailleur: N/A
Rear derailleur: Shimano SLX 'Shadow'
Front shifter: N/A
Rear shifter: Shimano SLX SL
Cassette: Shimano XT
Wheels: Bontrager Rhythm, 28mm (front), Velocity, 28mm (rear)
Tyres: 2.35' Maxxis Highroller (front), 2.1' Maxxis Crossmark UST (rear)

Thank you for your time. :)

Snowy.

Attachments

Last edited:

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is very nice mate.

Seems like the perfect ride for Brisbane trails.

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All the different bikes i,ve had for "this that and the other".. Man - i should have just got one of those little beauties.. The "perfect bike" for your average punter. Hope the weather clears up for you too snowy...:D:D:D

snowy92

Likes Dirt
All the different bikes i,ve had for "this that and the other".. Man - i should have just got one of those little beauties.. The "perfect bike" for your average punter. Hope the weather clears up for you too snowy...:D:D:D
It's been absolutely fantastic. Haha cheers man, although, looking out the window this morning and seeing the news, I don't think I'll be heading out for a ride for quite some time.. :(

how are you liking the widget? thinking of getting one for my reign.
From what I've experienced of it so far, it's been great. Haven't had a single dropped chain, and I'm not constantly worried about smashing my chain ring pedaling over logs and rocks as you would if you were running the exposed ring with a chain device. Australian industrial design for the win! :D

super clean ride!
what is the actual weight?
Thanks man. I haven't had a chance to weight it just yet, but I'll let you know when I do.

I'd be keen to hear how The Widgit thing goes too... looks neat!
See above. :)

Last edited:

DHdreamer

Likes Bikes
Widget

It's been absolutely fantastic. Haha cheers man, although, looking out the window this morning and seeing the news, I don't think I'll be heading out for a ride for quite some time.. :(

From what I've experienced of it so far, it's been great. Haven't had a single dropped chain, and I'm not constantly worried about smashing my chain ring pedaling over logs and rocks as you would if you were running the exposed ring with a chain device. Australian industrial design for the win! :D

Thanks man. I haven't had a chance to weight it just yet, but I'll let you know when I do.

See above. :)
Ah another good review for the Widget...might plump for one on my Reign. Aussie design FTW indeed! :cool:

Hope the rain comes to an end asap for you QLDers.