I just had my first XC race.

Rhys

Likes Bikes
It was fun. I beat someone too :)

2 laps of a 5km coarse ( pretty rough though, pretty much downhilling is one part, climbing up curving single track, etc.) I also did a a lap before the race, so I did 15kms in total, which is alright, I guess.

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Congrats!

Keen to continue the racing? It didn't psych you out at all being tough?

Congrats again :)

Rhys

Likes Bikes
Yeah! Im racing again in two weeks time.

Oh and rather then saying I beat someone, I'll say I came 3rd, still true but sounds more impressive :)

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Top effort mate :D My first race I only just finished the 2nd lap (outa 3, in Sport), damn mechanical faliure, I rode 3km with a flat rear tyre...Still loved it though, the course was the best course I've riden, would make some great Freeriding too.

After the racing bug gets you thats it, every XC, enduro, point to point and whatever else you'll want to race :wink: I was ment to race yesterday too, at Stockyards, YouYangs; I missed out though coz I desided it was too hot at 7am, but it cooled down before the race so I am really pissed at myself now.

Anyways top job, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it :D

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
First race I did was in the wet riding clips pritty much for hte first time. Wasn't a pleasent experience! Was like 20mins behind the leader at the end of the race. From then on though it only got better :D

G

My first race was a longen :p
a 12 hour race from 5pm to 5 am on a 14km course. Got about 17 laps in and came third :D

Glad to hear you liked it man, good luck in the future :)

DRUM

Likes Dirt
Rhys which race was it...if it was in brisbane it sounds like the gap creek classic that was on anywayz.. congratulations on the race, i think i might start Xc soon