i have a problem

i have a problem i am wanting to build some norht shore stunts on the run down mtb trail near my house i dont know if i should find the person who builds and maintains it but i can find him should i just build or try and ask permission its quite run down its not realy xc it had north shore but it was not maintained and distroyed it has 2 drops and some little speed jumps and the rest is just flowey single track so what should i do ???? :confused: :confused:
please help me out here

julian

Last edited:

Dicky

Punter God
julianwisbey said:
i have problems...
...using my keyboard. :p

Check out land ownership first - that'll be a good start.
The local Council Chambers or library will have maps available to the public.

Just a tip - tell them it's for a school geography project or something... if it's council land and you mention bikes and constructions, they'll be all over it like a rash - you risk losing the trail to ANY bike use, even in its existing state.

Councils can be a bit of a pain - but they're not the enemy. There's more than you ever needed to know here.

Just out of interest, which suburb do you live in...?

Last edited:

chris_mtb

Banned
its in camden about 20 mins from campbelltown the trail has been there for a few years and is realy hard to get to by bike and imposible by car so it is hidden realy well

scratchy

Farkin Activist
Mr jesus said:
Do Not Build Northshore.
Take it from Jesus, he's on the money. If the trail is run down, fix it up first. Better yet, like Dicky suggested talk to the council (in a roundabout kinda way).

Once you discover it's not private property and it's somewhere that isn't going to cause a major issue and you want to take ownership of the trail, you can best start by fixing up the trail.
Start by removing branches, sticks of the trail.
The go to drainage, you gotta get the water off the trail as quickly as possible.
Further maintainance, fixing ruts etc.
At this point you might get to know the people who built the trail as they might start noticing you good work, then you'd be in a position to talk to the about modifications. Dirt first. Northshore require ownership. There is way too much NOTsure (Dodgy Northshore) floating around, you've got to know what you're doing and be prepared to go back year after year and fix it back up.