I bought a Banshee Phantom in Bellingham, Washington 4 days ago.

mikedh

Likes Bikes
It's got some old parts on it, just to keep costs down, hence the M810 stuff. I'll probably change the cranks in a little while. It could probably shed a bit of weight by losing the 2.3 Minions, but that's not me. I haven't had a chance to do anything but ride it through a few puddles, but I felt instantly at home with it. My lightest duty bike before picking this up was a Transition Covert, after all.

I'm pretty tired, I didn't get in that long ago but I thought a few guys might be interested so here she is.

IMGP8030.jpg

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nice I like her

what wheel size? 29"??

You said you have a Covert, I'm just about to get one
What did/do you think??

mikedh

Likes Bikes
what wheel size? 29"??
Yessir. I've wanted to try a short travel 29er but didn't want a steep head angle race bike. I've always had downhill, freeride and dirt jumpers so this seemed like a natural choice.

In regards to my Covert, I love it. It's no downhill sled, but I haven't found anything local it won't do happily and it absolutely slays flow trail with jumps (Ourimbah, for instance). My build is 15 kilos, so I can't really keep up with the Giant Anthem crowd but I don't really walk that path anyway.

Here's my Covert before I swapped the brakes for 200mm Codes and the front tyre for a 2.3 Minion DHF.

P3101257.jpg

My friends back in Washington don't think I'll need my Covert anymore with this new Phantom, but I'm not so sure.