Huge bulla step down

ExTrEmE FrEeRiDe

Likes Bikes
hey guys im curious but does anyone know if this huge step down at bulla is real and ridable or was somone just bored and decided to build it .
Im only asking this because i wanna give the vpfree a real work out and try hitting it up:D it most likely wont happen but its worth knowing about it anways.

Attachments

dcrofty

Eats Squid
mate if you try and hit that make sure you are traveling at warp speed, it looks pretty big.

or perhaps its a stepup and they have been towing in:) Crazy stuff either way.

DWN-HLR

Banned
yeah it is possible just ask rennie and justin havuniekin or however you spell his name they had a sram camp at buller and there were hitting it with ease its on a site somewhere if i can find it again ill get back to you :D

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
yeah it is possible just ask rennie and justin havuniekin or however you spell his name they had a sram camp at buller and there were hitting it with ease its on a site somewhere if i can find it again ill get back to you :D
Mate... here's a $ for you. Please buy yourself a couple of commas, the odd upper case and maybe a period or two. :rolleyes:

demo9pro

Likes Dirt
It doesnt look that big, i think its the Pink bike logo that makes it look big.

Why does everything on pink bike appear to look bigger then they actually are?

treggs

Treggs Tuned

Cos they are measured with the "Pink Bike Ruler"
1 ft = 3 pinkbike ft

pink bike ft n. measurement related to "hucks". Equivalent to 4 inches in the imperial measurement system.

demo man

Used to be cool.
I've been to where that gap is - it isn't small.

I was there mid last-season and it had been destroyed. The landing area had some earthworks going on (not for bikes) and so it had pretty much disappeared.

It may be re-built, I wouldn't know.

Oh, and it's Buller, not Bulla.

Cos they are measured with the "Pink Bike Ruler"
1 ft = 3 pinkbike ft

pink bike ft n. measurement related to "hucks". Equivalent to 4 inches in the imperial measurement system.
Yeah, that really is a sick, big gap. Can remember standing on the take off when it was first built a couple of years ago and feeling my nuts quickly receed into my body. Was a totally rock strewn(lil baby heads), rutted run in off an old access road at Buller, with these piles of torn up road base that were right next to the landing. Would easily have been a 12-13m x 8-9m step down. Pretty sure it remained a dormant line for a long while, although there was evidence that someone was down there manicuring the take off and tranny regularly. You can't see the landing on it until your about 4m from the lip of the take off- commit,commit,commit.....or you die:D Big gonads required.

Can't wait til someone posts a sequence or clip of it being done...if it still exists.

Last edited:

S.

ex offender

If you'd seen it in person I think you might change your tune. That gap was absolutely fuckoff massive, however it was there two years ago and has been demolished since (well the landing has anyway). As far as I know, Robbie McNaughton organised for it to be built so he could film riders hitting it after the national round in 05. Mick Hannah was the only one doing run-ins to it (at about mach 10 mind you), but never ended up hitting it because it was getting dark and windy. As far as I know, nobody ever ended up hitting it. If you think you're game to hit up something that size from a PIC, I'd suggest reconsidering once you've seen it in the flesh. It is an extremely big jump with potentially fatal consequences if you were to eat shit on it... and if Mick Hannah wasn't going to jump it I don't think many people would.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
I thought it was a pile of dirt at first but the above link clarified it for me. Is that near the quarry by any chance?

Roly

Likes Bikes and Dirt
holy shit thats huge - who gives a crap about the exact measurement its still fn massive :eek:

id love to see some footage or photos of someone hitting it

SCOB

Likes Dirt
those rocks look inviting behind down ramp wouldnt want to fall short. has it been hit? moto or pushy?