How to reuse bicycle light as head light for night walking?

Calvin27

Eats Squid
As per title. Got oxfam 100 coming up which will include overnight walking. Keen to use one of the many bike lights I have as a head torch or soemthing to illuminate. My calculations rekon pretty much all of them could last the full overnight on low setting. Question is what's the best way to mount them?

I've got:
- Gemini Xera 800
- Gemini olympia 1100
- handful of chinese things
- 2x 2 cell packs (branded) and a bunch of dodgey chinese 4 cells
- Cateye volt 900
- Cateye volt 1100
- 2x Knog binder

Ideas:
- Use the gemini xera and zip tie this to the bag over shoulder
- Gemini zera and ironman style (could rub over time)
- Gemini and use the helmet strap and just wear that on the head. Not sure that will work as it's kind of designed to mount on a hard surface like a helmet.
- Use knog binders and swap them out while charging the other one
- Somehow make the cateye ones work - these are the best lights out of the lot imo in terms of battery and beam etc. The mounts are excellent for bike, but can't see how I would make it work mounted on bags/head or whatever.

Thoughts? Anyone done this effectively before. Keen not to buy another head torch just for this.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Will this work?

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Will this work?

They work OK, I got some years ago with some cheap MTB lights I brought. Works better where the light is separate to the batteries etc as if the light is too heavy it'll pull down over your eyes. I even bodged it so the light was on the front and batteries on the back so it evened out the contraption on my head (You'd be better to just chuck the batteries in your backpack). TBH I now just use a head torch as it was rather floppy and a bit of a PITA, but you'll have the brightest head torch if you chuck some bright MTB lights on there :) I would send you mine but I jct checked and the elastic had gone on it.