How to Obtain Follow Me in Australia off iTunes

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Really want to watch Follow Me? Don't need a physical DVD? Well follow these instructions. I tried and it successfully worked.

If you are unaware of the movie here is the teaser​
:

[video=vimeo;10070693]http://vimeo.com/10070693[/video]

What you need.​
  • 15 minutes to Purchase it.
    • $15.36 off AU Dollars that can be purchased on a Credit Card of Paypal.
  • Then whatever amount of time to Download it.
  • A substantial Internet Quota. This will chew through almost 2GB of data.
Step 1
If you don't have iTunes installed get it from apple.com

Step 2
Click on store from the sources list on the left. When the store loads scroll down to the very bottom, under the heading Manage and click on 'Change Country'
Choose 'United States' from the list.
NB. Once you have obtained 'Follow Me' do this to reverse back to the AU store.

Step 3
From the top menu bar in the iTunes store choose App Store. Find a free App and click 'Free App' to download it.
A message box will pop up asking for Credentials. Choose 'Create Account'
Follow the prompts. When it asks for your details here are some import points.
  • Choose payment method as: None
  • Use a different E-mail address than one you already have.
  • Assuming you don't own a house in the US, go onto Google Maps and find a US adress, make sure it is in OREGON. This will save your from paying tax.

Step 4
Head on over to MaximusCards.
They might seem i bit dodgy, but i guarantee they work. Select iTunes cards on the left. Besides the $10 card is a PayPal icon. Select it. Login with you paypal account or select the option next to 'Dont have a paypal' to use a credit card.

Step 5
Open up the email that you used to purchase the cards in Step 4. It should take between 10 to 60 seconds for your email to arrive. Find the the code in your email that looks like this: XXMP **** **** R6Q4.

Step 6
Go back into iTunes and selct TV shows from the store menu bar. Search, or scroll down on the left to find Follow Me in the top TV Seasons.
Click BUY HD
It will say you don't have enough funds.
Enter in your password.
Then from the information that come up select REDEEM CARD.
Enter in the code from your email in Step 5 without the spaces inbetween digits.
It will begin downloading a HD and an SD Version.
The HD version is 1.3GB and the SD Version is 535mb.

Step 7
Watch the Movie and Enjoy, i hope this thread saved you $25, waiting for the DVD to be shipped to Australia, and able to watch it before a lot of other people :p
If you have any problems post in this thread, or PM and ill do my best to help.

Cheers Kyran

Last edited:

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Goes off to find out filetypes......

Both files are a .m4v

I havent tried Burning yet but i assume you can just chuck them onto a DVD. I'll be backing them up onto a DVD tonight and will report back.

Last edited:

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt

where will it download too? i have itunes, but does it go into the itunes folder on C drive or whatever?

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt

where will it download too? i have itunes, but does it go into the itunes folder on C drive or whatever?
it will download to where ever the rest of your itunes media is. Most likely in My Music.
Easiest way is. When the video is in iTunes right click -----> Show in windows explorer.

Last edited:

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sick, this will save meaps! gonna go and buy an itunes card tomorrow, already changed my account to us. Cheers!

spaz02

Likes Bikes
ok so ive got the movie and im watching it in itunes but its laggy as shit running really bad any ideas>?

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok so ive got the movie and im watching it in itunes but its laggy as shit running really bad any ideas>?
Either put the file on a DVD and watch it from there or find the file and watch it in a different program (such as Creative Mediasource)

EDIT: This is part of the reason why I don't see this way as an advantage. Yeah you get to see it first buuuuuttt
You don't have the hard copy with the pretty packaging
You have to buy a blank DVD (which costs money) to put it on then hope that your DVD player is up to date enough to play the DVD unless you are happy watching it on a small computer screen which is most likely lagging.
You go through 2GB worth of data which will cost a lot anyway unless you have some rad internet deal
And there is always the unreliability of computers etc.

One positive I can see is that the file is HD. I'm fairly sure the DVD will be in SD so it could work out better for you if you get the HD file on the DVD and the DVD player plays it.

Last edited:

Mobywan

Likes Dirt
I'd be interested to know if anyone's been able to get it onto dvd yet. I spent a while trying to convert it yesterday using various methods and the DRM isn't letting go. Having said that, plugged the laptop into the LCD tv and the HD is truly amazing. The clarity is fkn incredible compared to the dvds.

unker

Squid
Yeah it really does look amazing when you hook up the lap top to the tv and watch the iTunes HD!
I cant believe I never knew how to get films off the US iTunes store before! Totally stoked!

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Apparently you can use a screen recording program which would reduce the quality, but have a drm-free file.
I'm glad that this guide helped plenty of people out. Let me know if it has any errors or would like something added to it.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd be interested to know if anyone's been able to get it onto dvd yet. I spent a while trying to convert it yesterday using various methods and the DRM isn't letting go. Having said that, plugged the laptop into the LCD tv and the HD is truly amazing. The clarity is fkn incredible compared to the dvds.
I've got around it but importing the file into final cut studio (majority of people don't have I know, but final cut express won't let you neither will iMovie.) then you just burn it as a normal un-protected quicktime or straight to dvd and wam bam thankyou mam, follow me on dvd.

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just download it using vuze.. free and hd
I actually wanted to but it, after NWD finishing up because of people just torrenting it.
In my opinion its worth $15. If your willing to purchase a magazine for $10 that has had a few months work put it into it, but not another $5 for an amazing movie that has been worked on for the last season?

MountainBikeMike

Likes Dirt
I bought the DVD as I haven't actually purchased one in a while, but I'll still be downloading a full HD by torrents so I can watch it on the comp.... I think thats fair!!! I get the bonus footage that way to I guess.

Whats with people not being able to play it? It doesnt take a decent computer to play compress HD footage in 1080p let alone 720p, but if its raw video then it definately does, but it shouldn't be raw...

Oh, and whats expensive about broadband these days??? Both Optus and TPG etc have 150gb for $49p/m and AAPT has unlimited with phone line rental for $110... So you could download follow me 75 times for 65c....:rolleyes:

zacapp

Likes Bikes and Dirt
argggg.......I paid like $35 for it to get the DVD. Anyone else pre-order and know when they will be arriving.