How to lose a leg!

SLB

On trial in Sydney
Chucked this on to see how it would go. I'll need to get a proper adapter to make it work and there aint much clearance between the disc and the seatstay. Has anyone run and 8" disc on and stp? Is this a good idea?

P.s. The bike is a giant stp 1 and the disc is a 185mm Leeson trials disc.

Attachments

tanlicouz

Likes Dirt
That looks pretty kool, however i definately would not want to be riding with them on my bike, imagine the potential....... :eek:
Just pay atttention to whether there is enough contact of the pads on to the rotor.

Kona.S.P

Likes Dirt
Holy shit, what happens if your bend it? wont it rip through the brake? Maybe try turning it around so those spike things face the other way?

X13

Likes Bikes
SLB said:
Has anyone run and 8" disc on and stp? Is this a good idea?
I myself havent ran one on the back but I know of a few people who do, one of which i go riding with most weekends.
The 8" Disc is OK but will come verrry close to rubbing on the inside of the chainstay (about 1mm, very minimal clearance), also with the increased power/leverage of the 8" disc im not sure how the welds on the frame/adapter plate would handle it in the long run.. Should be right im guessing?
Give it a go though and tell us how it goes :D

Cheers
Michael

888_SANCHEZ

Likes Dirt
dude............................! where do i get one of those evil little bastards from??? That is crazy!!!!:eek:

Rik

logged out
That has to be one of the dumbest bicycle components I have ever seen.
Anyone that's lost a fingertip to a rotor will understand why I have this point of view.

Dan

Likes Dirt
that is fkn awesome!!! i want one!!!! sooo want one....its not TOOO dangerous...just dont be stupid n go putting your fingers near ur rotor while its spinning

SLB

On trial in Sydney
Rik said:
That has to be one of the dumbest bicycle components I have ever seen.
Anyone that's lost a fingertip to a rotor will understand why I have this point of view.
It is meant for the front of a trials bike and trials bikes don't go all that fast. But having said that we did test it out on the first week by cutting up anything we could find.....a lot of happy meal toys died that day :(

I probably won't use it. I'm actually more scared of catching my pants in it than my fingers.

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Damn dude, imagine gettin yer foot sucked into that bloody thing! Reminds me of when me mate got his finger caught in the farkin circular saw. F#*K!

Frantic_on_manik

Likes Bikes
finger tip in rotor?

u lost ur finger tip to a rotor .....

[silly insult]

didnt your mother ever tell u not to stick things were they dont belong or instead of listening to her were u busy try to stick a fork into a power socket....

[silly insult]

What's with the name calling dude? Relax man! Johnny.

Last edited by a moderator: