How long to get an MTBA race licence?

Knut

Troll hunter
Get a grip. You have accused others of causing trouble. I have sent you a pm with my phone number. After a week, no calls. As far as hiding behind a keyboard, I am not that hard to find.

Interesting the amount of posts you have (three) and your motivation. Sounds too familiar.

Now, can we sort this shit fight out in a reasonable manner, without it becoming all defensive, passive aggressive and personal?

Last edited:
Yep as you say
Interesting the amount of posts you have (three) and your motivation. Sounds too familiar.
New to this place - as we say here "please explain?"
PM is that? - oh Ms Gillard - what she doin on a MTB forum?

Last edited:

pmathers

Likes Dirt
A couple of points not yet raised

This topic interests me because I handle all the memberships for my club (BSCC), so I am in frequent communications with MTBA about membership.

Most members I have spoken to about the turn around times for cards (when the online system is used) is between 1 to 2 weeks. However personally my card took 2 months to arrive this year, but that was because there was a delay in MTBA physically receiving stationary for the paper cards. It seems that in Jan-2011 they were working through the last of the plastic cards and once they ran out they had to wait until the paper cards arrived, which wasn't until March.

I only took over the role of BSCC membership officer in Jan-2011, previously there were huge delays with paper forms, but it turned out that most of that was as a result of my club not MTBA.

Currently my only problem is with value adds memberships. It is a 'feature' of the online system that when a member joins MTBA as a CA value add, the rider's associated club is set to CA, which means according to MTBA that rider is not a member of my club. It is not hard to get this changed, I just email MTBA and they fix it. The problem is knowing that a member has joined the club...

I suppose what I am saying, is there are lots of different reasons for a membership card to be delay, it just depends on the individual situation, the time of year, the backlog at MTBA etc. And while I agree the current MTBA online system could be better, its not the worst one I have seen.

Last edited:

jnatera

Likes Bikes
Renewed my MTBA membership on the 16th July 2011 and received my card today 21st July 2011.

I am surprised how quickly it arrived after reading all the posts on this topic.