how far have u ridden?

armpit

Likes Bikes
how far have you riden in one sesion, ive done the sydney to gong ride i cant remember how far that is though, but im only a light weight when it comes to road riding and xc.

notb4dinner

Likes Dirt
Longest I've done offroad is from Newcastle back to Morrisset with some XC whippets along the Great North Walk. I'm guessing it was only about 60-70km but with my general lack of fitness and a bouncy freeride bike I was pretty wasted afterwards. Just to rub it in the guys I was riding with rode back to Newcastle along the road (another 40km or so).

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the longest ive ridden was on my trip around tassie in the summer

longest single day effort was from Scottsdale to St Helens
we did 110km on that day

the day included 3 major climbs ie hills that took min 20-30mins to complete

all of this done on a bike i couldnt pick up it was so overloaded with gear and not exactly fun after being bugger for riding already a good 600km to get to that position over the previous week and a half

manny24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
off road about 60kms in north vic hills. killed me.
best ive done on road is dead on 100km. it was a charity 'challege' ride in tas a while ago. took me and a coupla mate 4hrs on road bike. we wernt pushing or anything extreme, just wanted to see if we could do it. it wasnt that hard really, we still had plenty left in the tank. i wonna try for hobart to launceton one day. about 300 clicks... i know alot of roadies do it.

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The longest race I've ever done was the Goulburn to Liverpool, about 180km. The longest ride off road was half the Kokopelli Trail in a day, about 80 km's.

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Squidly Didly said:
Try 24hrs...
And it was a pretty broken Squid by the end of it. I remember riding with him for a while about 18hrs in and he wasn't a happy little camper. :)

I did about 60km on Sunday just gone at the Killingworth 8hr race (in a 2 man team) - god damn that was a fun day. Watching Lefty and Willo rip around in solo was pretty amazing.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
About 80/90km's in the blazzing sun by myself (on a NewYears Day) is probably the most I have riden, that I can remember anyways- Not including races... Race miles rack up pretty quickly especially in endurance events, you can easily put 100 to 200km's on the cycle computer whilst racing- Hey Squid :p

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
[thread hijack]
Yeah, Aiden and James - they were drafting each other around the course all day, just taking turns on the front while blasting around the track, until the last hour when Lefty gapped Willo by about a minute. I managed to sit on their rear wheels for a couple of corners in the fast flowing singletrack, but I had to push bloody hard to just watch them disappear, those boys really farkin move. So smooth too.
[/thread hijack]

DEVLIN

Likes Dirt
Longest road ride 260km
Longest road race 228km Grafton-Inverell
Longest Mtb ride. 110km in WA
Longest Mtb racing 12hr Solo 183.6km 24hr around 210km.

They all hurt more than I care to remember but would do them all again at the drop of a hat.

tyno

Likes Bikes
Ah, a thread for me... Longest consecutive road rides. Sydney to Melbourne in 3 days with a light-ish touring load. Pretty sure all 3 days were over 300km.

Last summer I did a whole bunch of touring with a bob trailer and about 35kg of gear. Most weeks (I was there for 3 months,) I did at least 1 day around 300km.
The hardest day was Tullah to Deloraine I think it is only about 250km but there are some serious farkoff hills in there. Oh, and I got lost int he Helyar mining lease :?

y2k 24hr, I managed pretty well dead on 300km and would have done more if I hadn't blown my rear shock in the early hours of the morning.

parallax

Likes Dirt
My old school science teacher rode from Perth the Sydney across the Nullabor.

He's a bit crazy - but not bad for a 40+ yr old.