How far do you ride in a year?

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
About 4000km offroad xc.

Truly with injury and wet weather I find that pretty hard to do. Early morning riders who can put up with the cold can certainly get more in.

moorey

call me Mia
That's it I am doing 11,005km this year :p
11,007 :smash:

you needs a proper road bike moorey - I can recommend a good brand ;-)

Cold day in hell. Thinking of single speeding the retired haro shitter as commuter bike that no one would want to steal. Rear Pivots around bb, so would be a perfect candidate. With my intentionally shit spares I reckon I could get it down to, oh, sub 15kg.:high5:

RIDEGIANT

Likes Bikes
Did nearly 4500km on the Mountain, until my elbow spaz :/

Own a roadie, but not a big fan of it.... 16 year olds don't tend to like boring haha

Hugor

Likes Dirt
Just under 6000km for 2013. Pretty average for around here it seems.

1500km is on the mtb
500km on wind trainer
4000km on the road

270 hrs so about 22km/hr average

Since putting power meters on my wind trainer I no longer get distance so I've prob lost another 500km there.

If you're going to inflict penalties for road vs mtb kms, I reckon a wind trainer km is worth 3 mtb ones!
:behindsofa:

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I got 8003 K for year, commute, dirt, road. It's not only the ks count hours a week (avg 7-10) for me, metres climbed - I try and hit 1000 metres a week. I've found with this amount of riding its a serious load - I also run so I rest easy. Resting heart rate is on 42, other years about 48, so know this volume has got me pretty fit .

rone

Eats Squid
2,100km with 40,000m of climbing. 25% roady, 75% mtb according to strava. Plus all the other rides I forgot to log....

rone

Eats Squid
How do you work out the split on Strava? I always thought that was a shortfall. I use endomondo for that.
When I upload the rides, under 'my bikes' I just have 'roady' and 'mtb'. Done it from the start, so it's pretty accurate. Did also have 'commuter', but I sold that.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just shy of 10,000kms in 2013 - aiming for 12500kms in 2014.

Of my riding 2000kms was done on the mtb, 500 on the gym bike, and the rest on my two roadies. My Norco seeing a majority of the action recently having done over 3600kms since I got it on the road in October.

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Good year for me with two months off in June/July... 5,700km with 102,500m ascent (1,200km on the MTB). Hoping for 7,000km and 125,000m in 2014. Gotta have goals :thumb:

dgoro

Squid
Strava logged me in at just over 2200kms for 2013. Not as much as most others but a good effort for me (I drive to all my ride locations and pretty much ride single track exclusively - and the bits of firetrail that link the single track). My new years resolution is to double that number this year. I don't think it matters how much you ride in a year as long as you are enjoying yourself!!!

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
3500km per year, around 70km per week, all spent on the MTB. Seems to be enough to land me in the top 10% at 50-100km races.