How do you shift?

A friend of mine uses his pointing/booger picking/butt poking finger to shift where as i use my thumbs. Not sure if sram is the same as shimano as i only use thumbs but what do you guys prefer?

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Thumb for both, here.

That way I can keep my index finger on the brake at all times/as much as possible.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I find using the shifter helps..... :heh:

Thumb for the main shifter & index finger for the release trigger. Sometimes I'll drop the index onto the shifter & brake with the middle finger.

camoshop

Banned
Thumb and finger!!! I just woke up on the train and screen was a little blurry, thought this said something else at first :tape2:

Shadow Puppet

Likes Dirt
I'm on Shimano and I shift with my thumb and index finger. Brake with middle finger.........it is the strongest after all.

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
What?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:faint:

The fuc.....

The shift levers work both ways!

sigh, off to confess...

camoshop

Banned
What?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:faint:

The fuc.....

The shift levers work both ways!

sigh, off to confess...
Wait what ? How does a shimano lever shift both ways with out using the front trigger? Yall have double jointed thumbs or something??

stirk

Burner
Wait what ? How does a shimano lever shift both ways with out using the front trigger? Yall have double jointed thumbs or something??
The front one is double jointed - I never knew!

I hate my Deore shifters anyway, they are awkward levers for me, butt maybe if I just thumb them and adjust the mounting position it might be a happy ending.

camoshop

Banned
The front one is double jointed - I never knew!

I hate my Deore shifters anyway, they are awkward levers for me, butt maybe if I just thumb them and adjust the mounting position it might be a happy ending.
The XTR shifter is a rapid one hardly feel it its like bam bam bam boom

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Singlespeed... no need to worry about such things.....

But thumbs... only ever thumbs.... oh and the heel of my palm...

Before that.. twisters