hornsby and surrounding tracks

lbroy

Likes Dirt
hey everyone,
I'm in hornsby and i dont really have any local tracks to ride except for ones that i need a car to get to.
do i was just wondering if anyone in the hornsby area knows of any dh tracks around that i would be able to ride :)

pm me if you have any.

louie.

There was some crazy drops behind the pool.Dont know if there still there it was a few years ago I was there last.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha not much in hornsby despite what you may think. yeah you have the crappy quarry trail off quarry road, the drops behind the pool are gone but the eroded remains are still there.
Theres another trail around hornsby heights, well there was about a year ago.

A few small trails in Lane Cove NP, PM me for details but nothing amazing and also illegal.

gregb

Likes Dirt
Single track is light on. However some fun can be had on the Quarry Rd trail off Stewart Ave and also the trail off Clarinda St.

It is a short ride to Wahroonga, take the fire trail off Grosvenor Rd it will lead you through to a stretch of track at the end of McRae Place.

OFB

Likes Bikes
There was some crazy drops behind the pool.Dont know if there still there it was a few years ago I was there last.
Yeah there eroded now there is one little step up thing that survived but its pretty much all gone

FINX74

Likes Dirt
Time

Give it time Louie something might happen locally soon Hsmba are trying to get something happening really soon.

Last edited:

lbroy

Likes Dirt
thanks for all the info guys, i really appreciate it.

it gets hard not being able to drive haha

pgs

Squid
yes i had the same prob living in thornliegh,
not that many good trails around, but i could drive so i went to west pennant hills to my old trails they still there but worn down, feel free to touch them up nice drops and tight dh sections.

djsmitt

Likes Dirt
great thread bud!! been looking for exactly the same thing, i have my license so it,s a bit easier so the closest you would have that i can think of is st ives and then oxyI know theres a track in galston, needs a bit of a clean but its probly a bit too far for you.

beansd

Squid
Im cleaning up some DH trails (2 or 3 of them) in the Wahroonga area if you are intersted. PM me if so.

Also in the Waroonga area is a proposed network of singletrack stuff which sounds interesting, starting this year. Apparently, (in the letter from the council) they are international standard. Cant wait!

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What type of trails you cleaning up Dh xc or
Am?

Also have question re the quarry trail I went there the other day to have a ride, it's looking alright. Was just wondering if placing sand bags in an area to clean up the line over some roots is okay or not allowed by council?

Last edited:

bighitben

Likes Dirt
Am?

Also have question re the quarry trail I went there the other day to have a ride, it's looking alright. Was just wondering if placing sand bags in an area to clean up the line over some roots is okay or not allowed by council?
DH I think, sounds like Grosvenor if it's in that area? I'd be happy to help out rebuilding and maintaining those trails or others, we need a good one around and would be great to have a group of local riders to ride and maintain the trails. PM me if anyone is interested?

Wengji i'm sure it'll be fine, there are a few guys who have built on that trail and maintained things (XCers) and from what I know council are turning a bit of a blind eye, but bigger things are being planned thanks to HSMBA. The quarry trail (although originally built as DH) is used as a little XC loop for some local guys.

Last edited:

beansd

Squid
Yeh it is Grosvenor, just don't want 'kids' messing around there. The DH trails all lead to a fire trail which leads to Grosvenor street so its a sweet spot. I've been there everyday for the past week but theres a whole lot of work to do to get them back and running. Help would be appreciated. Im only 16 and its pretty hard doing it all by myself.

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice I will go down and have a look at how it will work out.
Will Grovnor be Dh or xc? I don't hear much about the goings on down there as I'm on the coast but travel down to work and ride down there cause there are not any Dh push trails up this way

FINX74

Likes Dirt
Old Mans Valley

Am?

If your talking about the off camber root section about halfway down "Turkey Run" then yes it needs some work. Work has been done on the lower part of the trail as in the big plan that will proably stay there but that rooty section is likely to be changed.
Council have cleared a few sections further north in the valley for HSMBA to get in and ground truth a proposal. Which looks likely to go ahead sometime early this year. Just to clarify building in there is not approved at this stage. Also what looks to be going in will be XC and AM. We just don't have the elevation for DH.