Holy Rollers vs Minnions for dirt jumping which one is better?

Which Dj tyre?

• Maxxis Minnion

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Maxxis Holy Rollers

Votes: 20 95.2%

• Total voters

Josh222

Likes Dirt
I have got a new Dj bike but the came with Maxxis minion tyres should i upgrade tot eh holy rollers?

Raymo621

Likes Bikes
Bloody iPhone screen!! Was trying to select rollers but it hit minions then entered it :( That's gonna screw up your poll....whoops. Minions are a bit over the top for dj, holy rollers though are magic tyres. A lot more grip then what you would think and they roll really fast. No comparison really.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Swalbe table tops......... KGO!

holy rollers are rubbish. Minions even more so.

Shredden

Knows his goats
Kenda Small BLock Eights are sick, one of the best tyres ever IMO.

Just dont ride mud. You WILL fall off. Many times. And your babies will die.

umm... both will feel pretty slow and fat. if you want to switch tyres try something with a lower profile tread.

personally i like kenda npj rear and a folding xc tyre on the front for dirt jumping only. npj front and maxxis dth rear if you want to ride street as well

Last edited:

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just want something that is extremely light and will roll
Maxxis dth, specialized rhythm lite, both good, dth is better.

Table tops are shit for street, small block 8s are even crapper, okish for dirt but they flat so easily and wear out so fast, Larson tt's don't even come close to comparing with dth's. Holly rollers are dated and minnions should NEVER be used on a jump bike, ever...

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wouldn't class either Holy Rollers or Minions as light. Not sure on the KRads but I know it came on my sons BMX which was aimed at dirt riding rather than street. Never owned Minions personally.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wouldn't class either Holy Rollers or Minions as light. Not sure on the KRads but I know it came on my sons BMX which was aimed at dirt riding rather than street. Never owned Minions personally.
K-rads are similar to holy rollers but shittier

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
K-rads are similar to holy rollers but shittier
Yeah k-rads are pretty bad, and heavy.
Cheap option i'm currently using is wtb vulpine, grip surprisingly well for street, not too bad on hard pack either. But if i wasn't being a tight ass i'd go small block 8's or larsens.

i had small block 8s. the sidewalls are paper thin so i had quite a few tears, got flats all the time and didnt grip that well. waste of money in my opinion. the dth is half the price, rolls faster and grips hard pack really well, theyre also rated for higher pressures so for park and street you can have a super fast rolling tyre and a reduced chance of pinchflats.

Last edited:

camtb

Likes Dirt
Pretty surprised no ones mentioned intense micro knobby's...
Sick tyre, super grippy (shocked me, I was expecting a street tyre) on pretty much everything except in the wet.. I've got the steel bead ones cause they're cheaper, definitely getting another set once these wear out..