Here's a forward thinking councill

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
We are often quick to grumble about things and I know I have been critical of Lithgow City council in the past but I have had some very positive dealings with them recently and with recent happens in other areas with land managers shutting trails I want to put this up as a good news story

There is this trail on Hassans Walls (The pottery trail) that starts down an old road, now this road was a bit rutted out, has several old turning circles that were havens for rubbish dumper and recently had been the target of illegal fire wood collect who drive into the bush and drag logs out.

When I heard council had plans to close this off I could see their point and thought access to the bike trail would be lost.

However those responsible for planing and carrying out the job need to be congratulated.

In the process of ripping up and bush matting the road they have left a lovely bit of single trail so in effect have extended the bike track several hundred meters and done a great job with it.

Lithgow council MTBers every where appreciate your effort.

12080141_10153056587791160_1348966068765113850_o.jpg

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We've worked with some of the Bush Doctor guys at Knapsack over the years with weed clearing and regeneration and heavy lifting. Maybe these were some of the same guys involved who have patiently listened to our perpetual ranting and seen what riders like. Always good to work with, so great to see this nice result!

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
We've worked with some of the Bush Doctor guys at Knapsack over the years with weed clearing and regeneration and heavy lifting. Maybe these were some of the same guys involved who have patiently listened to our perpetual ranting and seen what riders like. Always good to work with, so great to see this nice result!
A couple of the locals working with the green army are riders.