Help with bike sizing standover height

kip01

Likes Dirt
Hey burners I need some help, I have found a rare frame I want to purchase slightly older 2015 model my only concern is the stand over height which is 800mm and my current bike is 740mm, I usually ride medium size but new frame is a large, all the other geo looks within spec just the standover height seems a little high, maybe someone with a better idea knows how crucial this is, I am 176cm tall cheers

Attachments

kip01

Likes Dirt
Green highlight is the large and as you can see I just miss out on the specified rider height

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It has quite high standover, what is it ?

Very high for a large FS MTB, even higher than a 56cm (large) roadie.

Sometimes GG get their figures wrong, check on the manufacturer website or G00Gl33 it.

At normal proportions and 175cc, inside leg is 32", which is 815mm.

kip01

Likes Dirt

Sometimes GG get their figures wrong, check on the manufacturer website or G00Gl33 it.

It's a turner burner v3.1

kip01

Likes Dirt

Ive checked a few different sites all say the same they show 730mm for a size small which seems too high

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Where is standover measured? That frame looks quite low slung to me...I can't say standover height is something I have ever even remotely considered when buying a bike.
Screenshot_20230115-172810.png

ozzybmx

A 650b wheel with a 2.5" WT Minion fitted is 700mm in height/diameter (measured 2 minutes ago)

This bike is a size large.

Mr Turner must have got the measurement with his balls jammed against the stem.

Look at the height of the rear wheel vs the low point of the frame TT.

uikkutyjsgfd.jpg
Untitled.jpg

ozzybmx

Yeah thats exactly what I was thinking just seemed stupidly high for the lowest point
A lot of measuring charts show standover measured at exactly halfway along the TT or at 50% of the reach length point, which in the case of this frame with a 432mm reach, that's 216mm back from the centre of the head tube. This might be correct at around 800mm.

Regardless, the low point is around 700mm.

kip01

Likes Dirt
A lot of measuring charts show standover measured at exactly halfway along the TT or at 50% of the reach length point, which in the case of this frame with a 432mm reach, that's 216mm back from the centre of the head tube. This might be correct at around 800mm.

Regardless, the low point is around 700mm.
Yeah you are right I just found some other turner geo charts and shows centre of tt