Help with bike replacement

monkeyonabike

Likes Dirt
About a week ago I come down to my garage to find my 2012 Cannondale jekyll and NS Capital stolen.

I am currently working with the insurance agency to get some "like for like" replacements. However, they have already said they have had issues sourcing the Cannondale.

At the moment I have been looking at a Norco Sight A7.2 or a Polygon N6 as a replacement. I've been out of the bike scene for a while so I'm not sure if there is anything else I should look at.

Any advice would be appreciated.

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
About a week ago I come down to my garage to find my 2012 Cannondale jekyll and NS Capital stolen.

I am currently working with the insurance agency to get some "like for like" replacements. However, they have already said they have had issues sourcing the Cannondale.

At the moment I have been looking at a Norco Sight A7.2 or a Polygon N6 as a replacement. I've been out of the bike scene for a while so I'm not sure if there is anything else I should look at.

Any advice would be appreciated.
I'd be pushing more towards a Norco Range than the Sight as a like for like replacement. They do a 29er and 27.5 version.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
When I have been in similar situations in the past, I usually ask the insurer if they can cash me out instead of providing the bike. If I have lost a specific bike and they are unable to provide the same as a replacement, it is reasonable to want a bit of time to properly assess alternatives, maybe undertake some teat rides, and shop around for a retailer that you feel will give you the best after sales support. As such receiving the cash allows you and the insurer to finalise the matter, easing the pressure off you to settle for something that may not be the best option for how you want to ride. This could be especially true this year as we are seeing a resurgence in 29ers thanks to their current WC DH use and this will likely impact the offerings of next season's bikes. Or you could then source individual parts and assemble a custom build that is exactly what you want. Or you could add a few extra $$$ to the kitty and upgrade. Or you could get out of biking and into competition lawn bowls...awaiting the next big thing in bikes before committing.