help needed (SA riders)

frosteee01

Likes Bikes
can anyone help me??? i understand there is some downhill tracks in adelaide at crafers. can anyone confirm this?? if its correct what are the tracks like and directions how to find the them would be great...
Also is there any NS stuff in the belair area??? heard there is but couldnt find any on my last venture up there

any advice greatly appreciated.......... :D

miko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The only one I can think of around Crafers is Ewok. When you are coming off the freeway from Adelaide, you need to turn left at the first round about going in to Crafers. This is the road that goes straight through to Mt Lofty look out. Go down there until your first left, take it, and keep heading down. On your right you should find a park on your right. From there after the fence turn left, this track will take you down to some other trails that meet up with eagle on the hill and some of the waterfall gully area/park. I wouldn't call it a down hill track, it's a cool single track, and can be put into a cool loop. It's just a fun tech single track.

Well to walk down anyway, cause I'm pretty sure you can't ride there ;)

hahahahaha :)

Can't say I know of any NS there, or around Belair. Haven't been up there for a while though.

4heckssake

Likes Dirt
think the track you are talking about there is an old 'closed' section of the heysen trail going through Cleland Conservation Park and was closed cos of erosion problems. wouldn't recommend it for a number of reasons.
suggest you get in touch with Inside Line DH CLub
http://www.insidelinemtb.com/pages/national.htm
there's maps to DH tracks on there.
there was some dodgy and some well made NS stuff cropping up around the Belair/Blackwood area a few months back. pretty minimal amount and short term though as they are nearly always done without approval for access or construction like that. suggest you suss it out well first.

bassmonkey

Likes Dirt
I reckon he's actually thinking of the Crafers Berm Track. It kinda runs alongside the bottom of the Mt Lofty Botanical Gardens.

The easiest way to find it is probably from the bottom. It ends at the Crafers Primary School car park, so go there and follow your nose.

frosteee01

Likes Bikes
Cheers for the help. i think bassmonkey got the track i was thinking of correct, i remember hearing something about a school.....

also discovered a new NS type track being built at kersbrook, just off the old DH track, is awsome to ride with more to come...

bassmonkey

Likes Dirt
hmmm, Kersbrook... Kersbrook Forest. I think I might have ridden there ages ago, but I'm not sure. Where is Kersbrook and the DH track near, Frostee?

frosteee01

Likes Bikes
Kersbrook is near "Bennetts" and "devils gully" and is part of mt craford forrest. best way to get to there is go up through chain of ponds, take left to kersbrook, left at petrol station (goes to one tree hill, elizabeth) carpark would about 5min up road. devils gully on right kersbrook on right.........

bassmonkey

Likes Dirt
Cheers, Frostee. I have ridden Devil's Gully before. So you mean the new trail is near the old Devil's Gully DH trail? And on the same side of the road/same direct area?

Kreaky

Likes Dirt
belair has some alright ns but there all for the gaps the quirke brothers have built along with d.j. , jolly, and scott. theres a nice 12 drop that im yet to hit and several gaps after it in the clearing, ranging for 10 foot to 35ft!!

check it, its a must see,

also if u havn't been in belair for a while be carefull down randells coz some lady is puting logs accros the tracks!! and the jumps just up form the end are a no go because the mountian borders biult then so the not strong enough for bike!

bassmonkey

Likes Dirt
Where are these gaps and drops, CrazY? I haven't ridden up there for a while, and I've never seen stuff that big out that way.

Kreaky

Likes Dirt
the gaps are on windys right, if u wont il meet you on the trains tomorrow, im gonna be out all day, i ride a blue, muddy, santa cruz bullit!!!

frosteee01

Likes Bikes
The new NS stuff is not at devils gully but on the other side of road at kerbrook. go up the dirt road to top of hill, go through the big gate and up hill slightly. the old comp track starts here, the NS stuff is off to right slightly (bit confusing i know but you should be able to find it!!!!)

Thanks for that info crAzy, most insightful. will check it out soon..

miko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nah the track I'm talking about isn't the school track, the start of it is along an old section of the freeway heading back to Adelaide.

So where do you jump on track from windys? I've done a little up there, but that was like, 3 4 years ago.