hardtail dh bike??

joshmilin69

Likes Dirt
hi i was thinking of starting hardtail dh, so my question is would my spec be any good for dh is there anything is would have to change anything?

spec

frame: ns bitch

forks:pike 409/ marz 66

brakes:f/hayse 9 2003 r/juicy 5

tires:maxxis minion

rims: some shitty kona rims

pedals:kona jackshit

cranks:fsa moto

chainguide:e-thirteen srs

bashgurd:e-thirteen supercharger

r/d:sram x7

casset:sram 9sp

shifters: sram sx5

Last edited:

fatass

Banned
frame: ns bitch

forks: marz 66 or lyrics or domains

brakes: double 5's is what I ran

tires:maxxis minion

rims: I ran singletracks for a year, pretty true still

pedals:kona jackshit or clipless for racing

cranks:fsa moto yeah dunno

chainguide:e-thirteen srs (I ran MRP, was sweet)

bashgurd:e-thirteen supercharger

r/d:you can have my 1mnth old xt shadow for $80

casset:sram 9sp

shifters: you can have my saint for $50
12 characters

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For starting out I'd say your specs are fine, except you're probably going to need new rims soon. I think those brakes would be fine too, considering your bike would be pretty lightweight compared with most real DH rigs.

mtb_champ

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ever rode a sasquatch? bitches are great bikes but i still think that spec list with a sassy frame would be better ;), just my 2 cents.

contagion

Likes Dirt
ever rode a sasquatch? bitches are great bikes but i still think that spec list with a sassy frame would be better ;), just my 2 cents.
No it wouldn't. NS bitch is a much better frame than a sasquatch. Not saying that it's bad but NS would be better.

As for specs, I'd go for something like MTX rims, and probably go somethin glike Shimano hone cranks (got some for sale if you're keen) and the rest should be sweet.

I've run 66's on a banshee morphine for DH before and they went sweet. Kind of want them back now but I have fox 36's which are awesome and a new project on the cards which involves triples...

Forgive the speling etc., I've been at the relies getting rather inebriated.

joshmilin69

Likes Dirt
i was considering putting triples on but most dh races i've been to the run 66 with the odd norco running drop off's but i think i'll stick with single crown because i want to do some dj as well

by the way the ns bitch is warrented for use of all triples with less than 180mm of travel

Traumaboy

Likes Dirt
sram x-7 and minions

make sure that you get the shortest cage you can on the derailers and don't run a minion front and back if you want both tires as minions go for two front minions or run a minion at the front and a high roller at the back. cos the rear minions are a Harder compound, less aggressive tread pattern so that it usually breaks traction first.

:) Theres my two cents worth

contagion

Likes Dirt
by the way the ns bitch is warrented for use of all triples with less than 180mm of travel
Yeah, pretty sure it's even warranteed for 200mm tri0ples but people tend to bag out on hartails with triples. 66's go fucking awesome for DH anyway.

is its the same for nevagales?
Don't go kenda. Decent grip but they puncture like shit. Minions are even better grip and they have better puncture resistence. as said before dual fronts go better than front and rear, but if you're like me and don't give a shit about the rear and slide it all over the shop anyway then do whatever on the rear. I picked up some minions (front and rear 2.5) cheap second hand but only a few rides old for cheap. rear means nothing anyway so I'm not worried.

Definitely go 2.5's. 2.7 are just too damn wide and don't have enough increased grip to justify the extra weight. 2.5's go awesome.