Hard Shell Elbow pad suggestions ?

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Recently broke the tip of my elbow when a chainring hit a log and threw me due to a lack of track maintenance fuckwittery [ thanks Yack sheep.]
I had soft ones G form ones on ,which obviously wasnt enough due to the point load.
Thinking a bit of hard shell on the point of the elbow so I can keep riding without the anxiety.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ouch...

If it helps, I'm using these. Hoping never to have to confirm their protection levels.

They certainly feel secure enough and robust.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
IXS Flow for me. Never really tested them out in anger, but there's certainly hard shell protection in there.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Ouch...

If it helps, I'm using these. Hoping never to have to confirm their protection levels.

Yeah they look the bees knees . Its the point load as the point is very swollen covered by the hard shell should work.
Fox naming of their products is confusing though someone should tell the marketing people.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Good timing. Pondering elbow pads after a recent off and gash below the elbow. Are they restrictive? Overly hot?

Looking at some 7idp as have their knee pads and do a good job.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Being a regular elbow smasher including falling with a ladder, there are 2 types of elbow problems one is a general force causing a graze and bruising which is fine with soft pads like G form etc , the other is a point load to the point of the elbow which can break even with pads on as mine did, i think you need a harder shell for that.
So I am thinking Protec skate type ones for a while since they are cheap and not too hot and long.?
i have found anything long and too rigid just works its way down with movement.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
IXS Flow for me. Never really tested them out in anger, but there's certainly hard shell protection in there.
I've got the same, and have taken a few decent tumbles. They work great, wash ok and you barely know you've got them on while riding

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ouch...

Comfy? Been looking at getting these, though a little worried about warmth too. Find myself less willing to wear elbow pads if they'll be too hot anyway.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Comfy? Been looking at getting these, though a little worried about warmth too. Find myself less willing to wear elbow pads if they'll be too hot anyway.
Fit and forget. They're very comfortable. Whilst they're thick, they have good ventilation. I find them better than the enduro models actually.