Haka tours NZ

moorey

call me Mia
No, but spoke to some guys on it while I was doing TransNZ. They found it a bit like a contiki tour on bikes. Were frustrated at the mixed levels or riders, and their lack of urgency to get riding after a night of socializing. I think it would be great if not too serious about a hardcore riding holiday.
That's my only knowledge, and its second hand, so take it with a grain of salt.

moorey

call me Mia
Bugger I was hoping to cash in my 40th Birthday present with them.
Don't take my advice.
They may even have different levels and interests catered for. My knowledge is totally inadequate, and I may have just met Haakon and co without knowing it.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
My mate T Man (some may know him as one of Queenstown Bike Taxi's drivers, MC for local events, all round legend) has his own gig called The Inside Line https://www.theinsideline.nz/ Please look into it, tell him Dozer sent you and you'll be totally sorted. A recent discussion said he'll tailor his trips to suit what you want to ride and where you want to ride. He's a rad dude, totally engrossed in the New Zealand lifestyle and knows how to make sure you have a good time.
Hit him up, he'll easily be the best solution.

moorey

call me Mia
My mate T Man (some may know him as one of Queenstown Bike Taxi's drivers, MC for local events, all round legend) has his own gig called The Inside Line https://www.theinsideline.nz/ Please look into it, tell him Dozer sent you and you'll be totally sorted. A recent discussion said he'll tailor his trips to suit what you want to ride and where you want to ride. He's a rad dude, totally engrossed in the New Zealand lifestyle and knows how to make sure you have a good time.
Hit him up, he'll easily be the best solution.
Is this a paid plug like the MTBDirect gear?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Is this a paid plug like the MTBDirect gear?
Bowlo? Bermshot? Boom King? WorkMX?

He's a good friend and a really good tour guide, I wouldn't dream of suggesting another company for such a venture.

moorey

call me Mia
Bowlo? Bermshot? Boom King? WorkMX?

He's a good friend and a really good tour guide, I wouldn't dream of suggesting another company for such a venture.
Was asking on behalf of Boomking.... call your jets, big fella. I'm sure he is well Bonza. :israel:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
They found it a bit like a contiki tour on bikes.
Whaaa, like getting tanked every night at different places and swapping genetic material with willing people in your group that you normally wouldn't want to swap said genetic code with in the first place.

Shinigami

Likes Dirt
No, but spoke to some guys on it while I was doing TransNZ. They found it a bit like a contiki tour on bikes. Were frustrated at the mixed levels or riders, and their lack of urgency to get riding after a night of socializing. I think it would be great if not too serious about a hardcore riding holiday.
You did the transNZ ? How is it? I thought it looked like great fun just got to get more fit and the missus more comfortable in the bike

moorey

call me Mia
You did the transNZ ? How is it? I thought it looked like great fun just got to get more fit and the missus more comfortable in the bike
Twice. Fantastic. Need at least moderate fitness and skill, arguably I have neither, but still made it and loved it. Highly recommended.

davee

Likes Bikes
Thanks for all the feedback.
Not really looking for anything too hardcore too unfit for that.
Dozer i will check that out but was more looking for riding on the north island.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Thanks for all the feedback.
Not really looking for anything too hardcore too unfit for that.
Dozer i will check that out but was more looking for riding on the north island.
Just go to Rotorua then and hit the bike park and Redwoods. They shuttle in the Redwoods too. There is also sweet trails in Taupo

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Just go to Rotorua then and hit the bike park and Redwoods. They shuttle in the Redwoods too. There is also sweet trails in Taupo
+1, apart from Rotorua, the North Island really isn't anywhere near as spectacular as the South Island for riding. Unless you're into the social aspect, the package tour sounds a bit lame.

If you can make it to the South Island the ChCh bike park will have re-opened by then so you'll have a chair lift there, Gondolas in Queenstown and the bike taxis. You could get a shitload of riding in with almost zero pedalling and at less money than the tour if you go that way.

Last edited:

dunndog

Eats Squid
That's not second hand mate, it's from the horse's mouth!
i was lightly considering doing one of these last year as i too got the green light for a trip.. but the points mentioned here were the same concerns I had. Who knows who else would be in your group, age, eagerness, skill level etc? tour operators always say they'll do their best to bunch similar groups together, but if they only have 6 people booked.. you're all in together.
i ended up stumbling upon the TransNZ and did that instead. A mate ended up signing on with me, there were another group of guys we knew and Moorey also got to meet me so it was well worth it. atleast you can be sure of awesome riding, keen riders and amazing atmosphere (oh the pain!!)