hahaha is this guy legit???

Geoff Gump

Likes Dirt
1:49
"best with uh a little yank ingenuity"
4:37
"this xo thing .... I am sure you can buy another one of these for a couple of bucks"

hahahaha

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Sheesh! He looks and acts so convincing! He totally detroys that swing arm and the XO thingo! What a unit!:eek: I lov ethe timber idea, that did it for me.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Note to self .... When buying used bike, always take the chainstay protector off and check !!

I grimaced watching that on numerous occasions.

There will be a couple of people who will watch that and try it for themselves !!!

Imagine taking it to the LBS " Ah, um, I watched a video on how to remove a chain, and now the piece of wood wont fit properly" !! WTF !!

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
gold!
hundred bucks says the frame was cracked and the rear mech was already busted too.

Although a mechanic I used to work with did actually have a customer cut a frame for that reason once then bring it in for them "to weld". Seriously.

shoogyboom

Likes Dirt
That is hilarious. Definitely a joke video. Like Ruebs said the frame was probably cracked or something. I hate to think some poor soul does this to their bike.

Last edited:

Mitch.F

Likes Dirt
hahaha thats is gold!!!

but if you look closley that "xo thingy..." never comes off the bike.... right at the end of the video it is still attatched to the dropouts haha and the ones he smashes is plastic not metal....

jub jub

Squid
What a crack up! Surely this vid is just a big gee up. No one's that stupid (I hope). I almost cried from laughing so hard when he cut the chainstay and was gonna fix it with a piece of wood and gaffa tape! Classic vid:D Awesome find!

MTB Wanabe

Likes Dirt
It must be a gee up. No one could be that stupid. I too grimaced when he took to it with the saw. I just hope that others aren't as dumb as to do the same thing to their bike.

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hahahahaha he should take the hammer he used to smash the deraileur, and ram it into his skull!

cluster

Likes Dirt
good ol' yankee enginuity ey? he's definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed...
(god i hope that wasn't for real, he certainly was acting seriously enough! :confused:)

Downhill_Only

Likes Dirt
hahaha thats is gold!!!

but if you look closley that "xo thingy..." never comes off the bike.... right at the end of the video it is still attatched to the dropouts haha and the ones he smashes is plastic not metal....
Well the frame doesn't looked damaged before, but i guess its hard to tell from the distance that its filmed at.

Also i noticed he never took the xo off hahahaha

still classic but!