Hadley H500135 R2.1 Rear hub bearing - Confused as hell

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
So, today I decided to take apart my hub (Hadley H500135 R2.1) because there is about 2mm of play in my rear wheel @ the tyre and also there is some grinding going on.

I took everything apart, had a look at the bearings, gave them a good clean out, greasing, put it all back together and its still grinding and wiggling.

So I put everything back together as I want to go riding on Sat and thought I would google what bearings I need.

This, is when my night went a bit pear shaped.

Everything I read says that I need 6804 bearings. Two of the same.

My issue is, the bearings i took out, the one on the drive side was smaller than the one on the non-drive side.

So the OD is different. Also the little space tube thing that sides between them also has a flange that fits in one of then but not the other. Though I think this might be more design.

Either way, the OD of the bearings is definitely different while everything I read suggest they should be the same bearing.

Please help!

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Freehub feels pretty good actually, it's the main bearings that are not smooth.

Just need to sort out the bearing situation. Worst case I will have to take them our and measure then up, but I was hoping to just but them before I take things apart again.

Didn't think it would be this complex. lol.

Is Erik on this forum of that site?

nickz

Likes Dirt
I had failed bearings and bought two of the same bearing. They aren't two different sizes. You need to oush one through the hub body to install and after that the other is easy.

Staunch

Eats Squid
Hit up DIYMTB and order a Hadley rebuilt kit. I did mine a while back and it's still going strong. They should have everything you need for it without having to wait for stuff to come from overseas.

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
See, the issue being that they are different size. Thus this thread.

One bearing I can drop into the hub without pushing it. It literally falls through and then I need to press in in the last 7mm odd. There is a lip inside the hub.

The bearing on the non drive side, I have to press in straight away as it's snug.

As I said, all searches to far suggest they are the same, thus why I am confused. Not sure it I have a weird hub or something, but the bearing are differrent and I was hoping someone with the same could help.

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
+1 for Balleracing. Good price, very quick shipping and excellent service period!
They shipped out an offset floating brake axle for my Hadley quicker than dirt works even got back to my LBS with a price..

nickz

Likes Dirt
That's odd as I had to press the first bearing through to the far side and it was tight getting through. I definitely used two of the same bearing bought at a bearing shop. Who knows why yours is doing that, is it an older hub?

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
That's odd as I had to press the first bearing through to the far side and it was tight getting throuYi I definitely used two of the same bearing bought at a bearing shop. Who knows why yours is doing that, is it an older hub?
Yeah, not site about the age. It was already on the '06 Giant when I got it and the only markings on it are as I listed.

Might get in touch with this Belle mob and see if they know.

Hmmm.

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Received a response today from Erik at Balleracing.

6804-2RS and 1 pc - 6903-2RS are the bearings I need.

Asked them for a price so should have these on the way soon.

:)

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You know those bearings will be available from any bearing shop anywhere.|
If the bearings are all your getting I would cancel the order now, and go buy them from you local bearing shop tomorrow morning.
The only specific to Hadley parts are the freehub needle bearing and the pawls and seals.

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
It's easier for me to order. I'm at that point in my life were I am happy to pay extra to have something arrive at my door rather than go to a shop.

I think this is called the "lazy" stage. :p