Gopro best mounting Position

grimrepa

Likes Bikes
Got a Gopro Hero2 a while ago and only shot a few lame videos around the streets and a local track, whats everyones opinion on helmet mount versus chest mount or bar mount. I seem to get better results off the helmet the best seems to give a lot of looking down shots off drop offs.

Brad C

Cannon Fodder
1.The Chest isn't the best place to mount because it bounces around a tone.

2.The bar mount isn't the best either because of the bumbs etc and just ruins the video because it shakes so much

3. The Helmet is the best place for it because your head doesn't bounce around that much and is very stable when filming and shredding the trails

If you check out my Youtube channel you can see i have a few different places where i mount my Go Pro

www.youtube.com/TheMrPhatz

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
if its more of a technical track, helmet seems to work better. side of the helmet looks good too, so you can get some of the bike and track in it.
if its more of a flowy track chesty looks good. i really like the angle of it but it does shake around on bumpier tracks.

pmitch

Likes Bikes
I don't mind the chest mount harness. If you have it done up tight enough it shouldn't bounce too much. I also set it up in upside down mode so that you can angle the camera far enough forward to ensure the right angle while standing up on the bike.

I find helmet mounting doesn't do much justice for the video, unless it is side mounted with a bit of the helmet in the shot. Mounting to the frame always works well. Handlebars is no good, as if you do a lot of bar work the video is swinging from side to side and is very difficult to watch. I have made a couple of custom mounts to try and find different angles. On top of the rear brake caliper looks pretty awesome.

Checkout the photos on flickr. There is a pile of mounting photos and GoPro photos from the bikes.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/earthwindnwater/sets/72157632057875283/

Here are a couple of videos
[video=youtube;ldC56vAqlkc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldC56vAqlkc[/video]