good service at lbs

Frayed

Likes Bikes
I've noticed a few crap service threads over the last little while so I thought I'd give a shout out to a lbs that is doing it right. I just went to get a stubborn BB removed which they happily and quickly did. What's more when I asked how much they said to just remember them next time I needed supplies. Big ups to onya bike Belco (Canberra), it is the little things that make me remember why I go to lbs and helps to build a loyal customer base.

0psi

Eats Squid
Nice. There are still plenty of good LBS' out there, just need to find them. I went through a phase of buying everything online because I was so fed up with the service of every LBS I went into but eventually found a good one and I'm more than happy to spend some coin there.

MARKL

Eats Squid
It is an amazingly simple business model - give customers what they want = customers coming back.

Good to hear amongst all the horror stories.:clap2:

SOTTA

Likes Dirt
It's refreshing to see a positive comment amongst all the doom and gloom these days. Good stuff!

anthonyq

Likes Dirt
guess some people like some bike shops more then others.ive just stopped completely from buying stuff from onya bike belco just coz everything i guess..ive started getting stuff from ride 365 like 2 mins from onya bike and near the lake,you should try them out.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
guess some people like some bike shops more then others.ive just stopped completely from buying stuff from onya bike belco just coz everything i guess..ive started getting stuff from ride 365 like 2 mins from onya bike and near the lake,you should try them out.
I think what's he's trying to say is that it's not about the shop; it's about the person working at the shop and whether they can engage with the customer in question.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Everyone with a good LBS story should slap it up here.
I'd like to give a shout out to Berry Mountain Cycles in NSW for the best and friendliest service I ever had in NSW. Paul and Megan go out of their way to make sure your'e looked after. Even down to the little things like getting stickers made up with your name to slap on your bike so you can roll out of the shop on your new bike feeling a little bit pro :)

Always great advice, and they don't ever try and sell you anything you don't need.
Adopting the philosophy 'I'd rather not sell a bike than sell someone the wrong sized bike' they really take the time to make sure you have the right bike for you.

Another shop I highly rate is Bike Ride in hobart. Super friendly crew, like to av'a'laff' at any chance they get, awesome stock (mostly top end stuff) and fast and friendly service.

Best repair service I ever had from this place. A really good crew, and has become my one and only LBS in Tassie.

If you ever get the chance to pop in to either of these two stores you'll walk away with a smile on your face. Give 'em a crack.

converge11

Likes Dirt
Giant, north rockhampton-not my personal story, but my mate took his talon 29er in to sort a broken part. Was going to be a warranty job so the owner said here, take my anthem till its fixed! Gotta say, my mate was stoked to walk out with a better bike lol

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Everyone with a good LBS story should slap it up here.
Big shout out to the boys (and girls) at Total Rush at Richmond. Awesome shop, awesome service and Head mech Paul is the man! He services bikes like they are his own (exactly what you want in a mechanic). I've heard many people say "the only person allowed to service my bike is Paul" - speaks volumes. When he is on holidays, I know some people get rather stressed :p

Matt C

Likes Dirt
I think what's he's trying to say is that it's not about the shop; it's about the person working at the shop and whether they can engage with the customer in question.
Agreed. My boss can be a total a***hole to customers more often than not but the rest of us are quite helpful. One person having a bad day does not represent the store's or the other staff's values and quality of service.

madstace

Likes Dirt
Have to give a shout out to Drift here in Newie. Happy face quickly went to sad face when I found a broken spoke on the rear. Raced both wheels down to them and even with a busy workshop they had one wheel re-trued with new spoke and front completely rebuilt after it let go when re-truing in the same day so I could ride the next day. Cheers boys!

0psi

Eats Squid
Shout out to Blackmans Penrith. Always good for a larf and most of the guys in there know a thing or 87 about bikes.

Shout out to Bicycle Centre Ballarat. Of all the bike shops in town, I find them to be the best. Always happy to recommend parts and were more than happy to source and install some forks for me. Even their work at races has been awesome.

The not so local bike shop is always I-Ride in Melbourne on King St. They too are always handy at races and have always provided me with great service whenever I pop in.

Knut

Troll hunter
Great idea

Freakin Awesome!

Good to see a positive thread for the recognition of the hard working crew in Mountain Bike Shops accross our country.

dej

Likes Bikes
i-ride is great. used to go there a lot when i worked up on william st. Ross seems to beat me in every xc event however :(
nowdays i usually go to quality bike repairs in surrey hills which is a few mins walk from my house
Simon has always been really good to deal with and has nice things to say about my old colnago :)