Good DJ Cranks

09Ryde

Likes Dirt
Hey all,

I had a search through some forums and couldn't really find what i was looking for so..
I'm looking to upgrade my Norco Ryde and am looking at maybe replacing the cranks and maybe dropping some weight as well, but strength over weight.
So i'm just wondering what are some good 4 bolt style (no bmx) cranks for dirt jump and street? Prefferably under $200 but whatever.

Thanks.

Zards

Likes Dirt
I run shimano slx cranks on my Dirt jumper without any problems. There pretty light, under a kilo i think. You can get them of crc or wiggle for about 150 bucks.

Last edited:

chidsmtnbikr

Likes Dirt
I run raceface evolve dh cranks but i use them for dj aswell with a e13 lg1 guide and its smooth as, there also big and light. there $50 plus $50 postage from usa on ebay.

09Ryde

Likes Dirt
yeah I was thinking maybe saint or raceface atlas fr ones? but there quite expensive and a little weighty..

chidsmtnbikr

Likes Dirt
i would get some raceface cranks. ss ones are the best for dj obsviously but there fairly cheap aswell. how much are you willing to spend. theres someone on rb selling saints for 220.

09Ryde

Likes Dirt
I said I would pay up to $200.. and I also said I want 4 bolt cranks, I won't run bmx cranks.

chidsmtnbikr

Likes Dirt
ive got a slx crank but its a triple 22-32-44 if your interested brand new with bb 68-73.
if its for dirt jump you could take the large ring off and the small grind the small ring mounts off and its a single then you can use a guide aswell. 180 posted if your interested.

Zards

Likes Dirt
Slx

The triple ring and double ring are different by the way. The double ring with bash version has a stronger bottom bracket.

The SLX group includes two types of HOLLOWTECH II cranksets for different types of riding styles. The first is an all-mountain compact drive crankset with a double chainring 36/22T combination, designed to give more range over the traditional 32/22T setup. It has a reinforced construction with increased axle and spider strength to meet the rigors of all-mountain riding. This crankset includes a “honeycomb” bash guard, a steel pedal thread insert and is claimed to be 100% stronger than the XT crankset.

09Ryde

Likes Dirt
Looking at MRP Camber? lightest DH Crankset with BB is only 800g.. any one heard any problems with them?