Going grey... 2019 Transition Sentinel

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Seems like a shame it lived it’s life so far under a number of lockdowns…
Not sure what it’s worth mate but I would consider the cascade link potentially??
Yeah I know, sale is more to do with my interests changing and wanting to free up some money for other hobbies. Obviously the bike is still like new.

I'll keep you in mind about the Cascade link, but realistically it'll only be if the (potential) buyer of the bike/frameset doesn't want it.

moorey

call me Mia
Unrelated…would a gronk like me benefit from the cascade link on my upcoming scout? I tend to believe about 10% of the ramblings of people who do expensive upgrades because they are copying the people who did the expensive upgrades who are copying the people who did the expensive upgrades, because they read someone on a PB review saying that frame engineers are gronks and you can’t even ride the bike without the upgrade…
Serious Q.

Also…I’m only buying a tranny to #belikebeeb :(

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Unrelated…would a gronk like me benefit from the cascade link on my upcoming scout? I tend to believe about 10% of the ramblings of people who do expensive upgrades because they are copying the people who did the expensive upgrades who are copying the people who did the expensive upgrades, because they read someone on a PB review saying that frame engineers are gronks and you can’t even ride the bike without the upgrade…
Serious Q.

Ride the scout first and see if you aren’t happy with it.
Plenty of people rave about the cascade links, and plenty of people are happy on a stock setup.

moorey

call me Mia
Ride the scout first and see if you aren’t happy with it.
Plenty of people rave about the cascade links, and plenty of people are happy on a stock setup.
I know I'll be happy with it. I want to know if I can be HAPPIER with it based on the experience of people I trust and have a clue.

Or, if all else fails, @beeb ;)

beeb

Serious Q.

Not on the new Scout. They have heaps of progression in the linkage already.

The earlier bikes didn't have much, so the Cascade link could be a good investment, but unless you want to start doing massive freeride lines I don't see you needing it.

moorey

call me Mia
Not on the new Scout. They have heaps of progression in the linkage already.

The earlier bikes didn't have much, so the Cascade link could be a good investment, but unless you want to start doing massive freeride lines I don't see you needing it.
But will the link be obvious in my instafeed?

Cheers mate, I'll hold off. At least @fjohn860 isn't abandoning me.

beeb

Why the hell do you think my rafters are so full? I don't like your attitude, mister.
You can tell you live on acreage, hey. I'm don't think I'm going to slip a garage into that 0.5mm between my place and the neighbour's.