Glasses....

Adi

It's my birthday!
Who here wears perscription glasses, I do. I was just wondering what glasses you guys wear for MTB, I used to have some Fish glasses, unfortunately I lost them .... :(

Any god strong frames around 150 at the max?

Cheers

Ty

Eats Squid
Insane, my mum is a mad golfer who needs glasses, and shes found that most glasses fall off pretty easily when you spinning your head around quickly so this should relate to mountain biking somewhat, Bolle Action Sport interchangeable lens with clip in perscription "plastics" are the best she's found, they come with 3 sets of lenses (clear, tinted, pink) and are about $160 without the script insterts this is compared to briko stingers and nike interchangables.

hope this helps

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i would highly recomend contact lenses over any glases
not only for mountain biking
but just everyday use

i use CIBA 30 night/day cant complain

Adi

It's my birthday!
Whats the deal with contacts? How long can you have em on for? Can you reuse them? Disadvanatges? Cost?

G

get some cool ones like 8 balls or cat eyes

OR
FARKIN ONES!!!!!

Adi

It's my birthday!
HAHAHAHAHAHA ROFLMAO!!!

Why, I might just get those HAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It's made my day... even tho its late :)

G

u can send ur cheques to -
Fuzzy Custom Eye Jobs
123 Awesome street
W.A Australia 6969

please include your ten million dollar cheque or awesome bike parts to recieve your Farkin Eyes

msbhvn

Likes Bikes
I wear oakley prescriptiosn when riding and havent really had a problem, I have shaped them to a tight fit and they barely ever fall off. Though I have to agree contacts are teh way to go if you can

peep

Likes Bikes
Yeah i've been wearing contacts for years now, they're hell good. I reckon you get better vision than wearing glasses.

I've got 1 month disposable ones that you can wear pretty much all day everyday if u want.
3 months supply costs about $100 but if you don't wear them heaps you can use em longer...
Disadvantages?
If ur going fast (well duhh) you can get dry eyes so i usually wear something over the top for a bit of wind protection

sign me up for farkin contacts!

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
I used to wear Oakleys...still have them but dont wear them much...
Since then i had Crystal Red Smith Slider Pivots, that i snapped while working in Thredbo...fixed them and then lost them the next day while bunting the track.... :cry: If anyone, while in thredbo, found a red/crystal pair of smiths with yellow lenses and one arm glued solid...their MINE! LOL :lol:

The day after that i bought a new pair of Smith Pivots in clear crystal frame. Thankfully still have them... :) I love the replaceable lenses in 3 colours (yellow, orange and tinted brown) :D

Adi

It's my birthday!
Cool, thanks for the Info guys, I find that my galsses do not fall of while I am riding/crashing or whatever, contacts are too expensive for me ATM, but I will definately consider them later on :)