Give Us Feed Back On Our Fixie!

CELL Bikes

Likes Dirt
G'day Riders!

We've always gotten such valuable feedback about our Mountain Bikes, especially our new 29er, we'd like to ask those of you willing, to have a look at our new fixie and let me know what you think.

Any feedback is welcome, but constructive criticism is most welcome, as it helps us make and build better bikes.

I'll tell you my thoughts up front...

I'm not crazy about some of the seatpost & seat colour combos, but to 'get it right' would have resulted in some lengthy delays, and since I like getting things done on time, some of the colour issues were left to what was available at the factory

Thanks in advance and looking forward to your comments!

http://www.cellbikes.com.au/CELL-Mallet-2-Fixed-Gear-Bike?sc=7&category=12634

http://www.cellbikes.com.au/CELL-Mallet-2-Fixed-Gear-Bike?sc=7&category=12634

Last edited:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Orange with white is pretty sweet, do they still have easily removable stickers? As the red on black stickers look a bit pox.

Only other thing I'd like to see is radial lacing on the front wheels!

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
are you looking on feedback only on the colours?

coulrwise i think the orange frame one is by far the best and the black/red is horrid. I personaly hate coloured chains, but seeing alot of fixed gear riders are posers its ok :)

looking on your site though, i think they are a top price. should sell a ton. let me know if im off the mark with what feedback your after!

workmx

Banned
Awesome

I am not normally a fan of fixies, but these ones look great.

And the price is amazing.

Any chance of getting the stem and bar colours to match? White stem and white bars, black stem and black bars, red and red, et cetera?

RCOH

Eats Squid
I was in the shop the other day and saw an orange framed version and thought it was fine. I really like the rack & fender mounts, but would ditch the coloured chain.

edit: your website doesn't say how long the crank arms are (or what brand, but that is irrelevant really), but I assume they are 165mm. Also maximum tyre size clearance?

Last edited:

C Dunlop

Likes Dirt
Well, surely there isn't much to designing a fixie other than colour? On the colour point the orange frame/white wheeled one looks fine, if derivative, but the other two are pretty hideous.

A drop bar option would not go astray and surely it would only cost a small amount to keep drop bars in inventory and swap out as requested.

IMO it should come with a freewheel factory. You'll not sell many to people who have been riding for a long time (quite simply it is a brand snob thing), which means that you'll sell a lot to people who haven't ridden a bike since they were 7. Like it or not, riding a fixed gear can be kind of frustrating, so if you want to keep people in cycling, rather than have them leave the bike in the shed to collect dust after a few weeks, then a freewheel will be of benefit.

As Bodin pointed out in the 29er thread, the bikes are clearly not photographed by people who ride, and have not necessarily been set up to ride. Whoever rides the white bike must be 6' with a 4' inseam.

Headtube looks to be very short for a street fixie.

Personally, I think you should also photograph the bikes with both brakes. As stated, not many people who buy this will be long-time riders. Screw how it looks, it is misleading to market a bike as being safe to ride with one brake.

Rack and fender mounts? did people really request them? I have not seen a single fixie rider with panniers and only a few, mostly messengers, with fenders.

Meh.

scblack

Leucocholic
They look good don't they!

I especially like the white with orange wheels, the black is hideous, orange with white wheels looks OK.

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
personally i would prefer steeper angles and tighter clearances...... especially for the front end
id agree with that. also the head tube spacers look a bit poxy and not a fan of the orange grips on every bike!

like one other poster said, a free cog would also be good.

JrDacks

Likes Bikes
Black grips, no color chain, less gay looking Big W stem in black.
Sweet if you can barspin it.

Apart from that you cant argue with the price

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mongoose do an awesome coffee flask/holder combo on their commuter bikes. Maybe look in to a handlebar mounted version.