giant xtc 2 + baby seat?

68deluxe

Likes Bikes
Hi all,

recently purchased a Giant XTC 2 2009, and am having troubles finding a baby seat to fit. (Family unit wants to ride all together every now and then, and we have a 9 month old).

The panier style wont fit, as I can't attach a pannier to the frame (no lugs at all on the rear of the bike).

The seat tube mount style wont fit, as the rear derailleur cable comes down there... I'm assuming these attach to the frame upright where the seat tube fits into, as opposed to the actual seat tube!

Not particularly interested in the front mount top tube style seat, but if thats the only option I'm willing to go down that route..

Are there any other options, or brackets which can be steel cable strapped to the bike to allow fitment of the pannier style?

Cheers,

Tim.

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Not particularly interested in the front mount top tube style seat, but if thats the only option I'm willing to go down that route..
If it makes any difference to you, I own a Wee-Ride (front mounted, top-tube child seat) and think it's great, as does my daughter. I've spoken to many other owners of the Wee-Ride and they all have the same opinion. As well, Choice magazine rated them as one of the safest seats out there.

68deluxe

Likes Bikes
If it makes any difference to you, I own a Wee-Ride (front mounted, top-tube child seat) and think it's great, as does my daughter. I've spoken to many other owners of the Wee-Ride and they all have the same opinion. As well, Choice magazine rated them as one of the safest seats out there.
looks like the easiest option, will try one out thanks!!