Giant Trance 4 inch XC bikes

slaw

Likes Bikes
If it's anything like my Ironhorse Hollowpoint, then it should be a great ride. Maestro is very similar to (ripoff of perhaps) the DW-Link on the Hollowpoint. I'm interested in the Trance too as it might be lighter than my hp, with only a little bit less travel. My hp is 4.75 and I don't know that I need that extra travel for the riding I do.

Someone has said these bikes are available in Perth and Phantom have them on their website. Haven't seen one in the flesh in Melbourne, but then I haven't been looking.

Last edited:

vps

Likes Dirt
not the greatest value bike
paying for the frame
looks like a bike that will work (shock wise)

luckyphil

Likes Dirt
jesus vps, your a fuckin genious!!
paying for a frame? heaven forbid!!
a bike that works? BRILLIANT.

put that one on your resume wonder boy.

sidathensgold

Likes Dirt
I took one for a "carpark bounce" type ride and the suspension works sweet, it does exactly what it claims to do, nice plush travel but no bounce when your out of the saddle and pushing, it accelerates as good as my hardtail.

luckyphil

Likes Dirt
it really depends on what sort of riding your doing.
if your racing short course XC, some people will prefer a hardtail (with that kind of cash, seriously bling), or a short travel dually, such as the NRS series.
but if your using it as a trail or enduro bike, or you just enjoy cruising along at races, then i'm sure it'll be lovely.

Syphanx

Likes Dirt
sidathensgold said:
does exactly what it claims to do, nice plush travel but no bounce when your out of the saddle and pushing, it accelerates as good as my hardtail.
Hah yeah not as good as the blur :p

naz

Criminally Inane
holy chrst i got to build 5 new trances/reigns, they pedal sooo well, absolutly no bob, and fairly good spec lists. (esp on trance 2 n 1)

Arran

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Freedom Machine in Port Melbourne has Reign 1, 2 and 3, Trance 1 and 3 and Faith 1 in stock now. They look the biz.

naz

Criminally Inane
pffft "well my shop has: 2 reign 1's, 3 reigs 2's,, 3 reigns 3's, 2 trance 1's, 3 trance 2 and 3 trance 3's, lol