Giant Reign 2016 27.5 2 Vs Polygon Colossus N6

jimsim1989

Cannon Fodder
HI

Looking at getting a new enduro bike been tossing up between the Giant Reign 2016 27.5 2 and the Polygon Colossus N6. I can get the polygon roughly $400 cheaper and seems to have a better payment plan with further savings then what i can get with the giant. Polygon seems to have great specs but a little concerned I cant find many reviews about the Polygon does anyone no what these are like I know the giant is a great bike and have test ridden it and feel pretty dope. help please :)

teK--

Eats Squid
Giant has awesome warranty with lifetime cover on main frame triangle. Also can negotiate retail price.

Personally would never buy a bike on finance or payment plan then you are stuck paying RRP.

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
If your looking at the 3.5-3.8k mark you have lots of options, if your dead set on new then the reign is a great rig and plenty popular, I would haggle on price though or even see if there are any 2015 models left and save a bucket load, maybe even get a 2015 Reign 1 for a similar price.

I've done new so know its a great feeling but this time around I went 2nd hand, same budget as you and ended up with a near new bike worth at least double in replacement value, also fully warranty'd up as the frame was new, if your happy looking at 2nd hand or even barley used demo models then your budget range can get you allot for the $

shauncwz

Likes Bikes
I've test ridden the polygon N6 and to be honest, It felt pretty well made. Shifting were crisp and accurate. I like how it comes with the Hutchinson Toro tyres which has quite good reviews. The frame did have a little flex, but you have to push quite hard to make it flex. The Reign has a longer wheelbase compared to the N6 and perhaps that might make turning on tight switchbacks a little harder? I read reviews on pinkbike I think which says the polygon N series is more of a trail bike with extra travel.

I'm sure the Reign is an excellent bike, but for the money I reckon the N6 is hard to beat in terms of savings.

jimsim1989

Cannon Fodder
thanks for your help everyone I think ive got my eyes on last years norco range now unless i can find another 2015 giant reign for cheap
cheers

krazi

Squid
Specialized have currently got good marked down prices on their Enduro range... Could be another option to look at too?.

GRPABT1

Likes Dirt
Having friends with both the Range and Reign I'd choose the Range myself. The Reign has far too much pedal Bob for my liking but put a few volume spacers in the rear shock to stop it bottoming out and it handles the downs like a downhill bike, not what I'd call playful but great for plowing through rough stuff. The Range I feel is just as good on the downs, more nimble and a better climber. A 2015 Range C7.2 is very well equipped out of the box and they do pop up around the $3.5-$4K mark secondhand now.