DH Giant Glory 00 build project complete :)

dj_14

Likes Dirt
new rig for the new DH vic series. Thanks to Open Road Cycles and Giant for the hook up! let me know what you think and any other changes i should do..... :D

my new parts are in so just got to get some time to chuck them on :D

spec list as photo:
Frame: Giant Glory 00 Medium 2011
Rear shock: Fox DHX RC 4
Forks: Fox 40 RC2 Fit
Handlebars: Renthal Fatbar 780mm by 20mm
Stem: Giant contact soon to by ......... Renthal integra stem when they land in AUS which is in 2 weeks :D
Headset: FSA custom carbon top riser spacer and FSA top top cap :)
Grips: Odi Troy lee designs
Saddle: SDG ifly Black
Seatpost: Ibeam 30.9
Front brake: XTR trail levers on Saint calipers 8" center lock rotor
Rear brake: XTR trail levers on Saint calipers 7" center lock rotor
Cranks: Shimano Saint 83mm 170mm length with renthal 36t chain ring (best things going round hahhahah)
Chainguide: MRP G2 SL
Chain: KMC SuperLight bling[/COLOR][/B] GOLD 9 speed
Pedals: Rawed Kona Wah Wah
Rear derailleur: Shimano Saint SS
Rear shifter: Shimano Saint soon to be XTR
Cassette: SLX/saint 9 speed
Front hub: Shimano saint 20mm
Rear hub: Shimano Saint 150mm x 12mm
Front rim: DT swiss EX500 Giant special edition :S
Rear rim: DT swiss EX500 Giant special edition :S
Spokes: dt swiss comps probably
Nipples: GOLD dt swiss
Tyres: schwalbe Muddy Marry 2.35
Tubes: ghetto Tubeless: selfmelding tube and high pressure rim tabe. work perfectly touching wood :p
Total weight: 16.83kg when i checked but with up grade hope mid 16s maybe......

Attachments

Last edited:

dj_14

Likes Dirt
with new bar, chain and chainring. made a few tweaks to the cockpit. cutting the steerer. and swaping to the giant stem. and carbon shit. Bars are so AMAZING. just need to rebleed the brakes and set the sag and suspension a bit more personalized than the box and im good to race :) and my Gorgeous girls friend just bought me a troy lee design helmet as a surprise. couldnt be more happier....... :D

glory stage 2 1.jpgglory stage 2 2.jpgglory stage 2 3.jpgglory stage 2 4.jpgglory stage 2 5.jpgglory stage 2 6.jpgglory stage 2 7.jpg

dj_14

Likes Dirt
what do people think of half XTR and half Saint rear mech? increased shifting performance? worth it?

dj_14

Likes Dirt
Cam was telling me about you, you lucky son of a bitch! :p

I'm hoping to get a 2011 01 in time.
im not sure on giant stock levels but they were low when i got mine. sick bike for the money tho aye :)

16.41, FARKIN HELL. I never expected that with fox 40's and a steel shock
ti is coming soon. got you finish my XTR project and ride a bit more before investing more money in to ti spring....

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Well I mean, I'm happy with a second hand really. Going to do the same job and means I get to spend less! :D

I really need to have a good ride of one first though.

dj_14

Likes Dirt
Well I mean, I'm happy with a second hand really. Going to do the same job and means I get to spend less! :D

I really need to have a good ride of one first though.
im really impressed with mine. pedals like a demon.... i had a demo and a sx trail for my DH bikes. just this pedals better and i can throw it around in the air and in to corners better. the only thing i would down it on is ability in rock gardens and the loudness of the suspension (linkage) when on a rock garden. i found the demo glued to the ground alot better but having said all this i havent had a good time to set my suspension to where i'd like it. so should be fine after that happens. the giant bars feel like shit too. get rid of them asap.

mine is complete basically. XTR rear mech is on its way, have to wait for the restock of RH XTR shifters in AUS and the renthal stem to arrive. maybe a TI spring down the track. but im not convinced just quite yet to spend that kind money....

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
im really impressed with mine. pedals like a demon.... i had a demo and a sx trail for my DH bikes. just this pedals better and i can throw it around in the air and in to corners better. the only thing i would down it on is ability in rock gardens and the loudness of the suspension (linkage) when on a rock garden. i found the demo glued to the ground alot better but having said all this i havent had a good time to set my suspension to where i'd like it. so should be fine after that happens. the giant bars feel like shit too. get rid of them asap.

mine is complete basically. XTR rear mech is on its way, have to wait for the restock of RH XTR shifters in AUS and the renthal stem to arrive. maybe a TI spring down the track. but im not convinced just quite yet to spend that kind money....
And that's exactly what I want. An overall, fun bike that can take a beating :happy:
I've got an 09 big hit at the moment, and it's a great bike, but I think I'm getting a bit too big for it, plus I'd love the extra travel.

If I was to get one of these, I'd be getting some atlas FR bars, I love mine!

If you find any 2011 01s up for grabs, feel free to email me at jaydenostwald@gmail.com ;)

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How do you find the XTR trail levers with the Saint calipers? I have just ordered a set of Trail levers myself as I'm sick of the inconsistent feel of the Saint levers. Any set up issues?

dhdave199

Likes Dirt
How do you find the XTR trail levers with the Saint calipers? I have just ordered a set of Trail levers myself as I'm sick of the inconsistent feel of the Saint levers. Any set up issues?
Could have saved alot of money on your levers if you just bled your brakes, inconsistent feel is the 1st sign of needing a brake bleed with Saints.

Bike looks sweet dude.

dj_14

Likes Dirt
Fuk load of issues dude. Ive bleed them like 10 times and i still cant get them perfect. They feel awesome as a lever but as a brake there not perfect yet. This is my first time bleeding the xtr. Im a mechanic and i just cant get it right im considering taking it to a friend of mine to get them done (his done them heaps ot 2011 xtr) so that should got them sorted. Doesnt help that shimano has the bleed kits out of stock currently tho.

But bleeding is the only issue. Ill let you know how the mech goes soon, ive got some Litespeed black/gold pulley to go on it too :) decked out :)

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Could have saved alot of money on your levers if you just bled your brakes, inconsistent feel is the 1st sign of needing a brake bleed with Saints.
Sorry to hijack the thread...

I've had a few issues with Saint levers, one replaced under warranty, they seem to inherently take in air and this is not limited to my experience only, if you search around you will see many similar stories. I have brand new rotors (Icetec), pads and a fresh bleed riding last weekend and still had to adjust my levers nearly every run, just no consistency with feel.

I have also read that you get no extra power with the XTR/Saint combo, just better modulation and consistent feel. FWIW Gwin ran that combo all season and seems to work well for him...

Danoz

Likes Dirt
I have also read that you get no extra power with the XTR/Saint combo.
no they dont, just more bling and give you something to talk about.... after riding them so far my saints feel better than these xtr/saint

dj_14

Likes Dirt
no they dont, just more bling and give you something to talk about.... after riding them so far my saints feel better than these xtr/saint
you wouldn't know, you havent ridden them just felt them on the bar. so far fuk loads on feel no power. talked to the shimano rep the other day and he was confused as well. again it doesnt help that shimano have there bleed kit out of stock!!!

lever feel is better than anything on the market. they are 1 finger levers too, i did alot of research on these. the lever didnt increase power (why would you want more power. saint power is overwhelming) but the feel is 2nd to none! but again they arent perfect so stay tuned

hey dude, how do the bars feel? got a pair on the way for my glory!
bars are the best, better than anything else.....my opinion tho.