getting into dj

>calllum<

Likes Bikes
hey, i mainly ride dh and xc but the other day found my self at a set of decent jumps. i have been hitting them on my friends stp and now im really in the need for a dirt jumper my only problem is ive only got $200. is it possible to find a dirt jumper for $200 or under.

cluster

Likes Dirt
might be worth sending this guy an offer:confused:
otherwise buy a cheap 2nd hand bmx and try be really smooth;)

EDIT: how bout this?

EDIT 2: EVEN BETTER!!! Bargain of the century... how tall are you?.......

.......................:p

Last edited:
In my opinion, the less you spend first up, the more your going to have to spend in the future.
QFT. save up for a few months and get something that will last. its best not to rush into things buying a cheap ass bike and breaking it in a few months. save up and get something nice

and 24s ride very well on dirt and street, probably better on dirt as itll give you a lower bottom bracket which is more stable, but still easy to whip around. the only downside is tyre selection. theres not nearly enough choice

Last edited:

Riding Hoares

Likes Dirt
hey mate, if it was me in your position (and it was a few months ago) save up atleast 600 and get yourself a nice second hand STP or another good DJ bike. If you do not have the money maybe try a good second hand bmx. The more you pay the less you will have to pay in the future e.g. repairs, new parts (especially when buying second hand)
Hope it helped and good luck with your descision :)

Last edited: