Getting arsey (a saddle thread)

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Of the many mentioned, one to add is the Selle Italia superflow models - these are for those that suffer numb taint - the selle smp’s work as well - but have a tendency to catch your shorts.

That’s critical too - nothing less than graceful than standing up, caching your shorts on the grippy edge of some saddle and falling sideways off the trail like someone whose just gone out on spds for the first time.

Comfort is different from taint protection which is different from catching shorts - .... not sure which is worst...., but thx for the tips, might buy another superflow or risk checking out the Ergon one mentioned .....

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Selle Italia superflow models
I as going to give this a stab.
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/selle-italia-novus-tm-flow-saddle-2018/rp-prod169693

I found a bent rail was responsible for the chatter around the seatpost (thought it was the new dropper) so I rotated some saddles around and then rode the xc bike with a new saddle I've never tried. Bad mistake. Very painful ride. Turns out half the problem is because the range where you can clamp the saddle varies considerably and I couldn't get that last 10mm further back. But mostly because he saddle is rubbish (wiggle prime thing I thought I'd try for some weight weenie aspirations on the cheap). The selle looks like the right shape but not sure if the rails allow you to go far back enough. Not about to drop more coin on a set back seatpost as well - better to just rotate the saddle back and chuck this on the crashy bike?

doihoi

Likes Dirt
After trying a few saddles, I was recommended SQlab, gave the 60X saddle a go and the issues I was experiencing, gone. I ride on a SQlab 60X

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Bloody Hell. Scared to look at the price if it's anything like their dropper. Some cool innovations in there though! Keen to see a review
[/QUOTE]

110 Euro I think.

A question for Santa maybe?

gillyske

Likes Dirt
I've used a Charge Spoon and a Fabric Scoop.

Both of which were fine, maybe the Spoon might have even been a little more comfortable.

Couldnt get along with the stock saddles of the Vitus or Commencal however.

BT180

Max Pfaff
I've used a Charge Spoon and a Fabric Scoop.

Both of which were fine, maybe the Spoon might have even been a little more comfortable.

Couldnt get along with the stock saddles of the Vitus or Commencal however.
+1 just changed out my Fabric Scoop that came on the Meta for a Chromag Trailmaster. Comfort levels now off the charts in comparison

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Bontrager decided to stuff around with the range and now I'm back at square one. So far I've resorted to turning over gumtree saddles to try and I even on sold two saddles to the same bloke who appears to be doing the same thing!
Evoke? Strangely this is the most comfy saddle I've ever had, and it also suits my wife a lot better than the Selle arse-wedge that was on her new bike and her old Speed-she. I have no spares, my bike and wife's bike both running them.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Might give it a shot when I need replacing. The bottom of the range wtb volts seem to be working, I guess you could say my arse is cheap.
I have a volt on the commuter. I also have a fairly hard arse but this thing hurt. Came on the Bronson, free to a good home with a narrow arse. Felt like a 4x2 under me.

20191122_182513.jpg

20191122_182617-835x419.jpg

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I have a volt on the commuter. I also have a fairly hard arse but this thing hurt. Came on the Bronson, free to a good home with a narrow arse. Felt like a 4x2 under me.
It took you two cans to take the photos, or was it to numb your backside? :D

Calvin27

Eats Squid
free to a good home with a narrow arse
I was sure my arse was wide, but I mean how do you even reliably measure it by sitting on some gel pad lol. Thanks for the offer but just going to ride with what I got. it woks and given the new bubs I'm not exactly doing long rides to need to fine tune a saddle. I actually can't be arsed testing at this point.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Decided I'm not getting along with the WTB Volt anymore - the curve tail just means I'm never comfortable. It was fine when my arse was skinnier but now I'm a bit more shapely I'm going back to a flatter saddle. Ordered an SDG Radar to try.