gear shifter cable

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
Hello,

My front der shifter cable lost it's little end cap thingymobob and has frayed out quite a lot, so I am looking to replace it.

I just wanted to ensure that I'll be buying the right product.

Product: http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/ALBHCNNPT

If this is the right product, does anyone know if A) it's decent and B) how much comes in each 'pack'.

Thank you muchly :)

Matt.

mike-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It will work.

It's a cable, they shift gears and shit, pre-stretched... Can't go wrong.

One per pack.

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
why dont you just goto LBS and get it?
its only like $5 and you dont get the hassle of shipping :confused:

you cant really go wrong with a gear cable

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
why dont you just goto LBS and get it?
its only like $5 and you dont get the hassle of shipping :confused:

you cant really go wrong with a gear cable
Ah, I need to order a stem, seat post clamp, brake pads and grips anyway in prep for the kooralbyn 12 hour.

Matt.

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
LBS please thanks
If I bought that at the LBS I'd only get the stem for what I'm getting the whole lot for from T7.

I don't have the luxury of much desposable income and I don't owe my custom to the LBS for any more than I decide... Therefore, T7 :)

Marco

Likes Dirt
t7 is great for that but depending on what brakes you run i highly suggest you don't invest in aligator pads they JUST DON't WORK well atleast not with my hayes 9's

top_dog

Likes Dirt
You know that when you change the cable you need to tune the mech, which isn't super easy. It'll cost like $5 for the LBS to do.

Phantom

Triffid Farmer
If I bought that at the LBS I'd only get the stem for what I'm getting the whole lot for from T7.

I don't have the luxury of much desposable income and I don't owe my custom to the LBS for any more than I decide... Therefore, T7 :)
Lets see the shopping list.

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
You know that when you change the cable you need to tune the mech, which isn't super easy. It'll cost like $5 for the LBS to do.
Have managed to do them myself fairly well using the guide on park tools site.. I do however know a bike mechanic who I'll be getting to go over my bike and make sure it's race ready :)

Matt.