FTF Winter/Spring Series - Long Gully, Healesville

Looking for some fast paced racing this weekend, practice and racing all rolled into one day... Long Gully Healesville... Great coffee Stuart!!! and food, cash and prizes... 330 Long Gully rd, Reg opens at 8...

t_byrnz

Likes Dirt
any1 know the track conditions from the past rain ? never been here b4 so just wondering what its gunna be like ;) cheers

Yeah track is in good shape ftf crew out today doing a lot of work on the bottom section...A little rain this morning but the sun was out for most of the day... Their is going to be a few drifts into the paddock but the rest of the track which is about 90% of it will be very grippy...

BennyVdotCOM

Likes Bikes
Awesome stuff on the weekend, the track was awesome. Top section was mint and drifting through the mud in the paddock was sick :)

Transportation was perfect maximising the amount of runs we could get in. Everyone there seemed to have an awesome time. Pumped for the next race!

Thanks all involved.

BennyVdotCOM

Likes Bikes
Good to see some photos come out, if you have any of that super fast dude that has mad skillz in the high vis top that says "BennyV - Came here to shred" on the back you should upload them. Everyone is hanging ;-)

shadow knight

Likes Dirt
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^lol you made me laugh.
Were they calling you Vagina?
Good times and yes your skills were awesome and you are now my idol !!!!
ps mad high vis !!!

BennyVdotCOM

Likes Bikes
I may on occasions be refered to as Benny Vag, Benny Vagina, Vagina or Vaginator. All in reference to my girly(no offence ladies) like riding style :) And I am happy to accept the role as your new idol.

shadow knight

Likes Dirt
Lol Good times and i will idolise you like know one has before !!!
lols i was the dude that spent more time sliding through the paddock on my arse then rubber side up.
First time riding in the mud but long gully is one of my fave places to ride !!!
Cant wait till next shuttle day..
BIG PROPS

Howdy! Good day of racing, just a shout out to the FTF crew the sponsors for the great prizes, SRAM,AVID,YVC. Looking forward to RD 2 which will be held on
Track Lee Sunday 9th Sept same format as last race two runs...Track Lee is the more natural track of all the tracks on the hill with rocks,off camber,shutes and jumps...Hope to see ya there...

CHAZZWAZZA

Cannon Fodder
update

LONG GULLY round 2....
dont forget round 2 of the FTF winter/ spring series held at Long Gully
on the 9th of Sep.

Round 1 was a good turnout with 40 odd riders smashing 2 race-runs each!
the "old" top section of thursday night, and "old" bottom section were included in the
race, making it a good long track, the wet conditions have been putting a small dampner on a couple of the other tracks, but the track didnt turn out too bad.
And a Great Selection of Prizes. Provided by SRAM

Round 2 will be racing the Notorious "LEE TRACK" and another great day of Fun, cheap, and most important LOCAL racing. There is also talk of having a "whip- off" contest on the Bottom step-up jump, and-or a Dual slalom race, ( pump track closed)
Soul Kitchen will be returning, with their madd selection of Hot Food and Coffee
And of course, ALL tracks are running,
(being an advantage if one track needs to be closed for rider down, etc etc)

Categories, A,B,C, Hardtail.
$50 racing Ftf member, $60 day liscence
ROUND 2. LONG GULLY SERIES: 9TH of Sep
ROUND 3. LONG GULLY SERIES: 14TH of Oct

Round 3. track yet to be decided but a combination of tracks, is being thought out.
more info soon.

Howdy! Spring AVID DH racing is here at Long Gully Healesville 9th Sept... Finally great to see some sun... Just a quick reminder of whats going on out there Reg 8am,Practice 9am-12pm, Racing 12.30...TRACK LEE two timed runs and dont forget the whip off comp so bring ya whip.........And dont forget to watch worlds ah.....

old man

Likes Bikes
Oops forgot to say there will also be a whip comp.......this Sunday - Long Gully, Healesville...see you all there

Aussie_Ryder

Likes Dirt
Sounds like a lot of fun. Do you have any videos of the track so I can suss out if I should make this my first race. Thank guys

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds like a lot of fun. Do you have any videos of the track so I can suss out if I should make this my first race. Thank guys
This place would be rad for your first race
so chilled and laid back but so much fun at the same time! really good track for everyone