Freeriding Armor

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well, after acting like your mum up the page, i find that i get to race fo rthe first time in a long time this weekend with nothing but knee/shin, some elbows, and gloves and full face. some bastard has ripped off my dainese.
so if anyone sees a full black dainese shuttel with tears inside both elbows, and a load of honda HRC stickers on it, mostly down the spine, give me a yell.
Mchappy meal offered as reward for information leading to the crap getting kicked out of some lowlife.

duncan^kona

Likes Dirt
fastrider gus said:
armor??? lol
i got realy pissed at fastrider ben because he wouldnt do a road gap at our local spot if he didnt have all his gear on. so i took off everything appart from shorts and shoes and did it..
all you need is gloves and a potty-lid...
that was a farkin pissa, lol, stew was all like "ooh OH, he did it with no shirt on!!!" :shock: :shock:

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i now wear my shinnies on pretty much every ride unless im jsut goin to the shops. Azonics hurt when u get hit in the shins!!

bazza

look at me
buy a full face. it is the bomb. it dont matter how hot the are, you can get good ones for fairly cheap. value saftety first. it will save you. that and leg guards are the way to go. for some reason mine didnt protect my knees as well as the i thought they would. thats why you buy dianese. dont substitue quality for price.

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've probably said this already, but i don't wear much armour usually. Generally just a helmet and knee pads. Oh and i never ride without gloves.

damn i have too much free time and an opinion about everything it seems. roost guards arent the best, but better than nothing. mtb body armour is a very good idea. i don't know what you guys consider freeriding, but if you go big and your not wearing some sort of spine protection your crazy. you might pull stuff off a hundred times, but it only takes one fall on your back the right way to get a chair with wheels on it all for yourself and a bag to piss in. i wonder how many of you that just wear dirt lids and knee pads have taken serious falls and broken something that kept you from riding for a period of time? i know it seems to make you "tough" to go it without the gear, but you'll learn, almost all do. body armour seems like it would be hot and cumbersome and it is somewhat, but the materials they use wick sweat and you stay fairly dry and comfortable. plus, it instills convidence and you won't have the fear factor buzzing in your head as much. Rockgardn makes a kick ass one called the "Flak Jacket". the guys at Transend e-mag get incredible prices on Dianese so you check that out too.

mtbdh_girl

Likes Dirt
I tend to weat shins and gloves whenever I hop on the bike just in case i see something i wanna try- even just going to the shops. At skate parks/dj s i wear elbows- just the soft armourdillo ones- If i wanna try anything im not sure on then i go for the ff helmet and body armour too.

phreeky

Likes Bikes
gloves and brain bucket when goin to the shops dianese knee shin and azonic elbow arm pads every where else

Kram

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got 661 shin/knee 4x4's.
Plus I just got a Dianese Next Gladiator jacket. It's got a vented spine guard, so it's actually quite cool, though it's not summer yet so I'll see how it goes.

I've smacked my shoulder twice on trees at high speed, and I know I would have potentially broken colarbones, or at least spent a week or two off the bike in pain. I also took a roll in a rock garden the other day and it felt like I was on a mattress.

I've had so many injuries in the last few years so I'd rather spend more time on my bike and wear my armour.

bazza

look at me
did yous see sam hill on nwd3 no gloves needed but he had a full face on. herm. must be a personal thing.

Agent Orange

Likes Dirt
armour isn't to do with confidence at all....if you wanna go hard then wrap urself up....dont try and be macho.....armour means nothing to me....one or off...but be smart why risk a 6month injury or worse to try and get sum other dude hard over you?? if i race i wear full face and gloves...elbow and shin if it rocky and full body if its fast....personally i choose hoots gear cause its the bomb over dainese..but thats just me......

long story short what are you trying to proove by having no armour?? or at least baggin sumone for wanting it.....

monkeymagic

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i wear gloves, lid, and shinnies every where and thats all i have so thats all i can wear... im looking at getting some fox 911 shin and knee

dropbm

Likes Bikes
with that arumur the dam trees should jump out of your way. i always wear a full face lid cause my mate lost half his face the worst part was his helmet was in the car he said it was to hot to wear it

Jordy

RYD4LF
normaly when im out on the street or at a few local jumps i just wear skid lid, gloves and some of those fox knee pads that haven't got plastic but for dh i wear the dainese knee/shins and soon the top model dainese coz im gettin a good deal and i wear a full face