freeride parts

Konaman said:
deraileur- maybe the new saint one
can't put the new saint derailleur on a bike without having the saint hub as well....unfortunately

stem - race face diablous- about $180
bars - answer protapers - about $120
cranks - profiles have the reputation (but i have no experience to back it up....) - $$ depends which model u buy...but be prepared to fork out...
froks - sherman flick would probably be best (although watch ur angles coz it's 30mm more travel than whatever comes stock) arouand $1000
seat - azonic big drop - about $60

although those are great parts..........
i do have to agree with rik....why put them on a hardrock???? if ur gonna spend big on the best parts then sell ur hardrock and buy a complete better bike...u'll get a completely upgraded parts spec AND a better frame for less than u spend putting all those new parts on ur hardrock
i know u said that u don't wanna sell it coz u just bought it......but...if it took u so long to save up...i doubt u'll be able to upgrade anything on it too quickly...so save up some more $$...sell the hardrock...and get a better bike........that is of course if u think u need it........the best freeride parts cost a lot coz they can stand up to A LOT...if ur not at a stage where ur gonna put them through this sorta action then don't get them.....progress on ur hardrock...then upgrade when it limits u!!!

sorry bout the rant...but it's something to think about :wink:

CHEWY

Eats Squid
these are the parts i would find work best and are cheapest for the kind of riding i do, ie. vert drops, drops with gaps, DJ, little street, roadgaps, gaps gaps gaps etc.

stem --- .243 BMX stem - $60
handle bars -- .243 high rise bars w/ bmx clamp area - $50
bash guard --- some lexan thing from someone off the forums - <$40
cranks --- cr-mo's, probably arial liquids - $350
forks - DJers -
brakes - armour hydros - $380
seat - .243 bmx - $50
deraileur -- shimano 105 - $90
frame - .243 with bmx BB, horiz dropots - - $650

Jordy

RYD4LF
dickyknee's hardrock frame bent when he was doin drops like from 2 foot high or sumthing so there is not point in upgrading parts yet .... ride it hard now until it bends then with your warranty bcoz there are no hardrock framesets you can get a p.3 like dickyknee but if you buy new forks and stuff the warranty will be void most likely and then if you get a p.3 frame thats a sick freeriding bike and you could fix it up then

Konaman

Likes Dirt
Chewy can you actually get .243s into australia. The frame that is, cause i asked i think jeff was the name from 243 and he said in the future hopefully you will be able to and this was a while ago now.??

wombat

Lives in a hole
Konaman said:
Chewy can you actually get .243s into australia. The frame that is, cause i asked i think jeff was the name from 243 and he said in the future hopefully you will be able to and this was a while ago now.??
They are coming. Squidly I think might have an idea of timing.